Hawk Attack Please Help!!!!!!

silkiechick1

In the Brooder
Jan 12, 2016
My almost 3 month old hen was attacked by a hawk today. She can not walk because her left foot is badly hurt, she has a wound under her wing which is bleeding but not pouring blood, she was bleeding from one side of her nose but it has stopped and she is keeping one of her eyes shut. (But she has opened it a couple times). I put her in the garage in a dog kennel. Does any one have any advice on how I can treat her or help her? I do not want to lose her. :( please help

My almost 3 month old hen was attacked by a hawk today. She can not walk because her left foot is badly hurt, she has a wound under her wing which is bleeding but not pouring blood, she was bleeding from one side of her nose but it has stopped and she is keeping one of her eyes shut. (But she has opened it a couple times). I put her in the garage in a dog kennel. Does any one have any advice on how I can treat her or help her? I do not want to lose her.
sad.png
please help

Wash wounds. You can treat with antibiotic ointment but make sure it does NOT contain any painkillers which can be lethal to a chicken. Or you can check with your vet or supply store for bird biotics, often soluble in water.
Make sure she is kept warm.
Good luck.

I had a possum bite the whole butt off a chicken and took so much feathers with it. All i did was add a little bit extra protein for her, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar in their water (1 tablespoon per gallon or around that), and neosporin every day for the first week and then whenever I really checked her out after the symptoms go away.

Neosporin works well
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom