Hawk just doesn't...learn.

GOOD for Murray!!!
thumbsup.gif
Mumm's the word, after all he's just a little guy.
smile.png
If you have any neighbors that might hear him, just start giving them some fresh eggs when you can spare them, I've known this to REALLY help.

Please do not shoot your pistol into the air. That bullet is always going to land somewhere and you should never ever shoot unless you can see exactly where it is going to hand and what is going to stop it.

Also, there are heavy fines for shooting at a hawk even if you claim you don't intend to hit it. You know, just in case the possibility that you might kill someone's child isn't enough to stop you.

yea please dont shoot in the air with a pistol, get a cheap shotgun, or blank rounds, or snake shot for the pistol

Thanks for the advice on where not to shoot - I probably should have said I would be shooting at a HUGE branch in a BIG oak. I think...maybe I can hit that, and miss the hawk. But as it stands, I didn't do anything, except gather chickies up. I also am not stupid enough to shoot a live round, I do have blanks. <3

Edit to add - I have a lot more here than just chickens, ergo, no live rounds. Sheep, horses, pig, turkeys....yeah. Too much to hit, aside from hitting a person.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes, I do. The banty brahma, and banty jersey were with them - and other than her squaking, that's what got me - they went for the hawk. I love roos. Just not at 3, 4, and 5 am
smile.png

I've been thinking of getting a radio controlled helicopter, making a lauching pad on my back deck, and chasing all the hawks with that.....

I wonder how many times I'd have to chase them, before the mere sight of the copter on my deck would be enough?

you may be able to contact the fish and wildlife dept, they could probably help you with the hawk problem

Back
Top Bottom