hawk

well all i can say is i look like a cry baby now..and less of a man for getting upset over chickens..but all i can say is i got a big heart for my chickens and geese as they are all i got ...lol so im sorry if i sound like a wimp..

well all i can say is i look like a cry baby now..and less of a man for getting upset over chickens..but all i can say is i got a big heart for my chickens and geese as they are all i got ...lol so im sorry if i sound like a wimp..

No you do not sound like a wimp, one of the hawks got my cat and while I was upset over losing my cat it was just the hawkk being a hawk. Nothing wrong with getting upset over losing an animal you care for, just try and mourn and not get angry at the predator for doing what it does. Try and think of losing a chicken as sad as it is as a price for the hawk getting rid of rats, mice, and small birds who would hurt or steal food from your fowl. Not a price anyone would want to pay but a price none the less. I love all animals and also hunt, I was in no way in insulting you and sorry if it sounded that way.

I feel for you man......had a redtail eat one of my hens two days ago. Can't put my net up with all the snow we've been getting off and on, and feel bad to keep the girls locked in for too many days in a row. I know it's the chance, letting them out, but we've been pretty good so far. I kept them in since the attack and finally let them out this morning. Around noon, I went out to check on them and heard the hawk somewhere near. Ran down and locked everyone back in. Come on spring!

oh no it was not u..i just didnt want ppl to think i was a cry baby and less of a man for being upset..i also hunt havent in years but will soon again...but it was just the thought of if i was home the second attack would not of happend cause i sit outside with my girls during the day so they can run around..thats all..its just hard for me seeing my girls that badly injured..there such good mommas.. they sat there and let the hawk basically rip there head off to protect those egss and if the hawk got one of them out of there nest it prob would of been the end of the one.. my spouse wanted me to kull my one hen cause shes in really bad shape..and i couldnt let her in the house tonight cause i just bought baby ducks and there in my dog kennel and dont got another one around that would wrk without her tryin to get out and possible get hurt worse... i have a feeling that i will b going out to find a dead hen on her eggs tomorrow morning which sucks cause i dont knw if my other hen that is right next to her can sit on 24 eggs and keep them all warm..i got game hens best mommas i have and the 2 that got attack were on nests as the 3rd one next to my one girl thats on deaths door didnt have a scratch on her..i think she got out of her nest and fought the hawk off..as when i try to get her off she attacks me full force. so she prob saved the girls life but i hope the one will make it..i really do shes one of my prettest girls i got. if there alive tomorrow ill take a pic of them and show u how bad they are..my one she is very scared of ppl and when i put her head under the shower to clean some of hte blood off and dabbed her off she was screaming really loud..i dont knw if she makes it if she will have vison in both eyes. cause there eyes are really swolllen shut and glossy.. but if not what do i do..with a blind hen?

this is my one girl..that got attacked really bad..she made it im soo happy..but now its time to start helping her get better..gotta clean her eyes out for the next week or so till they stop crustin shut. the other one is just like this one just not as bad..

I am so glad your chickens are ok. I had traumatic event again today. I didn't see what happened by I suspect the hawk is back. Everyone was in the coop and wouldn't come out. Even my bantams in the covered run had went up inside their coop and must have been so frantic that they knocked their stairs down. I couldn't find Lefteye one of my red hens (She has only one eye) and I was sick thinking that the hawk or something had got her. I finally found her underneath the coop scared out of her little mind. I was able to coax her out and she doesn't appear to be hurt just frightened. I don't know how much more of this I can take.....

wow...well thats good that the hawk suspect..lol didnt get any of ur hens or roos..and ty,me to i was really worried tho lastnight cause of all the blood on her head..i looked like the hawk ripped her face off it was that bad..i just got her crop full. had to bring her inside so the others wouldnt mess with her and constantly rub her so she would eat and drink..i think today was her first meal since yesterday her little stomach was makin all kinds of noises..lol but now its full an i took her back out to her nest..goin to b a busy week takin special care of her till she can do things on her own again.. oh an i made my coop hawk proof now made sure every little gap from the shade tarp to holes they dug were all filled in.

this is my one girl..that got attacked really bad..she made it im soo happy..but now its time to start helping her get better..gotta clean her eyes out for the next week or so till they stop crustin shut. the other one is just like this one just not as bad..

Damage to bird pictured was not likely caused directly and most likely not directly by a hawk. It looks like damage with another chicken attack it.

Back
Top Bottom