Hawkeye Babies~ The Long Overdue Update~ Pics

ChicknThief

Songster
12 Years
Jan 12, 2008
Nor Cal
Here are just a few pics of our darling Hawkeye chickies. They are so darned quick it is really tough to get a clear shot of them!
lol.png
I will try to get more soon, but for now, here you go!

DSCN0190-1.jpg

DSCN0935.jpg

DSCN0187.jpg

DSCN0184.jpg

We wound up with 9 babies altogether. 2 roosters, one a Sunny baby, and one a Caroline baby. The rest are hens. I believe that we have three Lexie babies, two Charlotte babies, two Sunny babies, and another Caroline baby.

The rooster shown in the pics is the Sunny roo. We have named him Jim Dear and his little twin lady Darling. And then there is Zebulin the Caroline roo, and Esther his Caroline counterpart. The rest of the ladies are Delilah, Deborah, Ruth, Naomi, and Eve.

Ooh, Hawkeye babies! They are adorable. I have Hawkeye babies (well young ladies now) but they were all hens!!

Love the roo.

Aw, they are very handsome kiddos! I'm so glad you got some of Hawkeye's last children. Yep, I sent eggs to Ellie that week for her broody hen, too, so you both have the last of my dear Hawkeye. In the third picture, does that one in front have a pea comb? She looks exactly like my Panda, Zane's daughter with Charlotte!

I know that we have two that have pea combs, but I am pretty sure that they are both feather legged. That would be Zebulin and Esther. We assumed that they were Caroline babies, but we most certainly could be wrong, LOL.

The mixes are my favorites! Especially Darling. She is the sweetest thing! She will just hop right up onto our laps and try to, uh... groom/pierce our lips.
lol.png
We wouldn't trade her for all the world.

Yes, we did very well in terms of the pullet/rooster ratio! And with the 65 other hens that we have, there is no chance of these girls getting "used and abused" so to speak. We are so happy with these guys, and we can't thank you enough!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom