Hawks: Large chicken run to cover a coop on stilts?

Lunesse

Chirping
May 2, 2020
Hey all,

I just discovered a Cooper's hawk that has set their sights on my 10 girls. They have a covered run but its too small for them (again, inherited) and they are used to free-ranging. Three are missing and may be dead already. 😢 I'm looking for a 10x10 coop but it needs to be at least 8 ft tall. I inherited a coop from the former owners of my home, and they have a coop (a Chick-Inn) that they put on stilts making it 8 ft high. I need to get a large run I can build around the coop but I'm seeing mostly 6.5 ft high. I don't really have expertise to build from scratch- plus need really need it right away. Does anyone know one this tall or have any suggestions? I'm worried sick.

Try posting in your state thread to see if there's anyone near you. I'm sorry I can't be of more help! I know that runs are much easier to build than coops. Basically just cubes with support beams. You could probably do one yourself or with some help and a ladder.

I got this because we have a protected Peregrine Falcon nesting area less than 2 miles away (as the Falcon flies). It is almost 8' tall at the peak -- 6 feet at the top of the door. It is sold as a kit on Ebay. I put a link below the photo.
IMG_4914.JPG

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chicken-Ru...var=602768948070&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Sorry everyone! Duh, include pics. :) Here they are!

Attachments

• Coop1.jpg
    Coop1.jpg
    683.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Coop2.jpg
    Coop2.jpg
    640.4 KB · Views: 11
I got this because we have a protected Peregrine Falcon nesting area less than 2 miles away (as the Falcon flies). It is almost 8' tall at the peak -- 6 feet at the top of the door. It is sold as a kit on Ebay. I put a link below the photo.
View attachment 2295782
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chicken-Run-Pen-10ftW-x-10-20-30ftL-MOVABLE-Metal-Walk-In-Poultry-Coop-Bird-Cage/303268627127?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=602768948070&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Oh wow, that would do it. Thank you for the link! A bit pricey but it was definitely what I was scoping out for. :)

Back
Top Bottom