@#%!@$! Hawks!!!!!!!!!!!

chickensioux

Songster
10 Years
Feb 12, 2009
Western North Carolina
22826_100_2266.jpg

I just got this little girl on Wed. Heard a ruckus and went to check in out. A hawk was sitting on this little girl, as I ran toward it the hawk tried to take off with her by the head several times. It finally gave up, dropped her and flew off. Incredibly the only wound was a small puncture near her ear. She has got to be extremely sore tho'. She is resting comfortably in the infirmary. Poor little girl.......
sad.png

She is a beauty! I'm so glad you saved her....last week the hawk ate one of my sq silkies, I had just aba banded them the week before. It's a pitiful site, all that flufff in a pile. Great job! Hope she does well with the injuries.

Keep a good eye on the wound. Although a minor injury, flies might try to lay eggs on/in the wound.
So glad you saved her, wouldn't be surprised if the hawk returns though, so beware.

I agree the hawk will probably come back as you probably already know. If you were letting her range I'd supervise & protect my livestock. If you know what I mean. That's just my thoughts. Just knowing that the hawk has had her in his claws once would have me worried.Keep an eye in the sky. Pretty bird by the way.

I have a hawk that has been watching my chickens.Sits on the chainlink and looks at them.Just a matter of time before it attacks.I did add some fishing line to deter flight,but it will attack if hungry enough.
I agree......@#%!!$ hawks!

Cute hen.Glad she survived.

Back
Top Bottom