He crowed!!!

Big dreams

Songster
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
My dominique rooster crowed yesterday, I was so excited. Lucky that so far he has a pretty nice crow, not compleat but, maybe he will get a little better. He and his 24 ladies are 15 weeks old. I only have the one rooster so I was glad to hear him...
wee.gif

So I am not so strange to get excited? My family thought I was, they were like "oh great!" in a sarcastic manner, while they laughed at me. Although my daughter who is 16 said "wake me up early tomorrow so I can hear him" ha ha I didn't tell her he will crow "whenever"
smile.png
maybe not just morning.... funny!

Quote:
So sorry, my DH says if mine gets mean then its the pot for him ..
sad.png
I keep telling him that the hens will feel safer with him, even if he is mean. Maybe if he were mean I would feel differently.
ep.gif

If a Silkie does has not crowed by the time it is 14 weeks old, is it a hen? One of my younger Silkies emits a strange sound in the morning...like a broken up crow, and it is only 8 wks old.
My EE rooster crowed at 10 weeks and my Light Brahma has not crowed yet and he is 13 weeks.
My X-husband was crowing the day I met him, and he is still crowing.

Congratulations!! We heard our first crow from our RIR roo this week as well. He just turned 17 weeks old. It sounds like a baby crying, and he seems embarrassed to crow in front of anyone, so we haven't heard too many. It is exciting to hear it though!!
big_smile.png
ya.gif
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom