1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. beach livin'

beach livin' Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2011
    Manteo
    I work for my local county in the older adults dept. Well, yesterday, I had one of my favorite clients. No one else could stand him. He was loud, demanding, hard headed, and opinionated. I one the other hand, got along great with him. I think it is my personality. I am the opposite, and I think it was the fact that I actually cared what happened to him. Anyway, he was my buddy. I saw him yesterday morning, and he was his normal self. He was in and out of sleep the entire time I was there, so I didnt think anything abnormal. I went on about my business and did what I had to do. I got a call first thing this morning from my supervisor, and she informed me that he had passed away yesterday afternoon. This is a sad day for me. To top it off, another caretaker for a client I care for is having a check-up done today to determine if she is fit to take care of my client anymore. If the dr. deems no, then my client will be shipped off to the nearest nursing home. What a day! I know God has his hand on all of this, and is not giving me more than I can handle. I just wish he could give me warning first [​IMG]

2. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

[​IMG]

God bless you.

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    How sad. I guess he went when he was ready to go.

4. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Bless you for being his friend when he needed one. So so sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

5. Shayna

Shayna I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Aug 2, 2011
    Midwest
    The man you're talking about sounds exactly like my grandpa - unbelievably so. I know that a few people like you have befriended him and brighten his difficult days. They have helped give him the will to fight for more time. Even though I don't know the man you recently lost, I am absolutely sure about how you made him feel. Thank you for treating people how they deserve to be treated, even if they can appear to be difficult. You made a difference in his life. Condolences for your loss. [​IMG]

6. Marcymom3

Marcymom3 Chillin' With My Peeps

You are a special angel to these folks. They are blessed to have a kind caregiver. I'm sure you made that cranky old fella very happy and that he waited to say goodbye to you before he went "home" and went peacefully. God bless you!

[​IMG]

7. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    So sorry for your loss. Sometimes the ornery ones are the ones you remember the longest, and end up liking the best. [​IMG]

8. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'm so happy you were there for him and brought him joy. I also wonder how much God really thinks we can handle,, and I wish he didn't have so much faith in how much!

9. Marcymom3

Marcymom3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:X2...I've thought this a million times. But I've discovered He doesn't make mistakes, even when His calls are hard to take.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by