He Got What He Wanted...

Reyvaughn

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 10, 2011
Northeast Pennsylvania
Okay, I wanted them, too. I raised ducklings in my room, in an aquarium when I was 14/15yrs old. They were crested... Cayugas? Do they come crested? They were solid black like Cayugas... Anyways, I've been wanting geese, but they are so big and so is their poop. My husband has been wanting ducks.

I went to the CPAC auction on Saturday looking for ducks and/or geese and bantam Cochins. They had a pair of geese... Not what I was after, and ducks! Calls, Runners, another breed I didn't know, Pekins, Swedes, Mallards... I came home with 2 adult Pekin girls, 2 Pekin ducklings and 4 blue Swede ducklings! None are overly friendly, but they are funny to watch!

I had to put the ducklings in with the girl girls because they were just making way to much of a mess everyplace I had them! I did have them in my unused shower overnight but couldn't handle filling the quart jar of water every hour because they made sure 90% of it was in the shavings. Moving them outside was the easiest introduction ever! The girls never touched them and wasn't even bothered by them running around at their feet like their own babies. If they were chickens, the chickens would have tore them apart! Of course, I never would have put young chicks in with full grown chickens anyways...

The ducklings right after being released from their to small boxes while I tried figuring out where I was putting them for the night.

The big girls right after unloading - before the kiddie pool was filled and their hutch was put in the pen.

ETA: My Cayugas(?) were killed by my mom's boyfriend's dog before they turned a year old. Bittersweet that the same dog killed my mom's geese afterwards, too. I tried 'getting rid of her' before that happened. My mom stopped me.

Last edited:
Too cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom