He has agreed! I have already written the check!

Cetawin

Rest in Peace 1963-2021
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
NW Kentucky
Yep DH has agreed to let me have ducks. Amazingly, he did not even twitch, raise an eyebrow, sigh or snarl when I said...we can drive nearly 4 hours one way with only a day's notice and get a few as in 2 or 3 OR we can get them shipped with a minimum of 10 unsexed and 11.00 for shipping...so roughly 56.00 total or $ 14.25 plus gas roundtrip. He said "Order 10 and we can put the extra drakes in the freezer".

so, I just filled out my order form, wrote the check, sealed the envelope and put the stamp on my order to Holderread's for:

5 ancona and 5 golden welsh harlequins

My hope is to get a good trio out of the sets. She said this year they are running about 50/50 drake/hen on hatches so....YAY ME

I am gonna be a duck mommy I am gonna be a duck mommy

wee.gif

Last edited:
thats cool

I was looking at the ducks yesterday at the auction and i guess DH seen the wheels in my head turning and he asked where we are going to put the pond
gig.gif

but I replied that will be next years adventure

If you've got a pond and the room, I say go for it.

And if you don't have a pond... you can always make one and stock it with fish of some sort!

...and the dangerous question is being asked, signaling that Renee has lost her marbles and is now thinking about ducks...

How big a pond do you need for a couple of ducks, and does one want to get a drake in town, and is it a bad idea in a city backyard of ~6000 sq. ft.??

omg...I've lost my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom