He or She? Lavender Orpingtons, Black Copper Maran, Buff Orpington

Hi everybody!! More updated pictures. The buff orpington has been crooning in the morning, quite loudly, (for no reason) and I have more reason to believe he/she is a roo because of it. Also the sharper tail feathers seem to be curling down and his sisters have rounder tail feathers in comparison! What do you all think?

View attachment 3514578View attachment 3514576View attachment 3514580
Darn!!!! The buff has me stumped. It looks mostly female but it definitely looks like it’s trying to get some sickle feathers near that tail like a male. The rest female!

Darn!!!! The buff has me stumped. It looks mostly female but it definitely looks like it’s trying to get some sickle feathers near that tail like a male. The rest female!
I know!! This is literally so confusing!! And the light crowing (not cockle doodle doo) in the morning has me confused too. More of a long "grraahhh grraahhh grraahhh". The buff one is also way more skinny compared to the hens.

Going off the first pics when they were younger I'd have said the Buff Orpington was a cockerel because those legs are so thick. But it appears to be a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom