He said I could get more...!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickengal30, Sep 30, 2011.

1. chickengal30

chickengal30 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2011
    West coast of Florida.
    OMG!!!! [​IMG]

After years of wanting and waiting I finally became a chicken owner in March of this year. [​IMG] I have four, six month old pullets (of which two are laying every day... the other two have yet to lay.......) and I am loveing keeping them sooo much.
    Well this morning, whilst eating his super tasty eggs, my hubby who was less than enthusiast at haveing chickens said, "well seeing as two arnt laying, you should get two more, and if the others dont start laying, we'll get rid of them." Well Im confident the other two will start laying [​IMG] (an E.E and a Black Star)so I wont have to get rid of them, and Im getting two more today from my local feed store, soooo I'll have six!!! [​IMG]
    Im sooo excited. The store gets them at about 3pm this afternoon, so Im going to call and find out what breeds they are, then read up on them, make my choice, AND GET EM!!!! [​IMG]

I know to keep them apart, and introduce them slowly etc, but Im going to enjoy reading up on it, [​IMG] and of course you all are my experts, [​IMG] you havent led me wrong yet!!

Happy day! Happy day! Happy day!!

2. airmechreed

airmechreed Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    Congrats:ya

3. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    Awesome! Good luck!

4. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    both E.E and a Black Stars are excellent egg layers and they will for sure but get the extra's anyway [​IMG]

5. Chinchilla2

Chinchilla2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Red Rock
    Quote:Chicken math strikes again!! WTG on the new babies.

6. CupOJoe42

CupOJoe42 CT Chicken Whisperer

Apr 11, 2011
    Wow! That's awesome! I was just going to sneak a few new ones in and tell DH that someone must have dropped them off or they must have hatched from a hidden egg. lol Either that, or buy him something so he won't notice.

(The Chick Fairy came!!!!)

7. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    Buuuutttttt If you are going to have to keep them separate because they are smaller shouldn't you get three so they can snuggle properly [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Quote:

8. tritty74

tritty74 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Lol. I agree with the getting three since (hopefully not) there is always the potential for something to happen to one of them and you don't want to end up with one lonely one until you can put them with the others.

9. Lil'ChickFarm

Lil'ChickFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    I would actually get FIVE as you don't know if you got males or females. THis betters your chances of two females.[​IMG][​IMG]

10. GermanChick

GermanChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    NW Missouri
    Lil'ChickFarm :

I would actually get FIVE as you don't know if you got males or females. THis betters your chances of two females.[​IMG][​IMG]

x2 !!!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by