Head injury

I do not have a magnifying glass, especially one that could see something that small. They're really tiny. They move around pretty fast and they're on my phone usually when I find them, probably because the light? They're reddish orange, black and whiteish. Idk if that means anything. I'll spray the elector on the straw on the chick floor and in the coop right now

So I dont see any progress with the mites, and were pretty sure they are mites. Then hen has recovered in her head, she can see our of both eyes now and looks alot better. But mites are now the problem. I've spray elector psp a few times but whenever I'm moving her or even another chicken I get mites on my hands and arms. I checked our 4 week old chicks and I couldn't tell if they had mites or not but I want to treat them too just in case. Is there anything else we can do with it?

Have you pulled all the bedding out of the coop, vacuumed well, and then sprayed the coop with a properly mixed Elector solution deep into all the cracks, let dry, and then outfit the coop with fresh straw? Or perhaps it'd be wiser to ditch the straw and buy sanitized pine shavings for the coop instead.

I've treated her by spraying around her bottom and legs and back with elector psp. Other than that I've sprayed the coop and that's all. Well probably clean the coop out soon but were very busy right now. Will it be an issue to wait till maybe the weekend. Also, were building another coop for the injured hen, I dont want to bring mites into a clean coop, how do I prevent that?

Mites will weaken her, so it's best to try to eliminate them as soon as you can.

The only way to not introduce mites into the new coop is the treat the birds and make sure they have no mites before putting them into new housing.
You may still want to follow up with treating birds and new housing according to the directions on the PSP.

The new house is going to be done today so I'm going to spray some of the PSP in the coop and on the hen. She is the only one who has mites, and she has gotten alot better recently. We just need to get her out of the house. Also this is unrelated. We have another chicken outside who for the past few days has not roosted with everyone else as well as been closing and squinting alot. She is acting off, but she still runs for food and sometimes eats it. She just seems wobbly. She doesnt have mites, and I'll send a picture to see if you spot anything. I dont know if its age, they're almost 3, a head injury or maybe mites even though I cant find any on her. Thanks
20230318_143526.jpg

Back
Top Bottom