Head shaking?

new 2 pfowl

Crowing
Jan 13, 2012
Dunedin, NZ
Hi pea people,
Have you ever seen peas rapidly shaking their heads? So their beaks rattle a bit?

Minny has been doing this off and on for a while, but he's blind in one eye so I just assumed he might have accidentally gotten a burr or something stuck on his head because he couldn't see where he was going. Or I thought: mites in his ear or something like that.

This morning I see Pippy and Twig doing this as well, and I wonder if I should be worried? None of these boys have any other symptoms that I can see.

Thanks!

Check her for feather mites, they are hard to see but they will cause her to do this, once ya got her in hand I would put 1cc of ivermec at the base of her tail and 1cc at the base of her neck and if you find mites dust her also with some 7 dust. this is what I have had to do when I found mites on one of my young hens so I did them all.
I noticed that peas in breeding season do not dust bath like they should and my main peacock never once dust batherd during breeding season hence I had a few break out with tiney tiney white feather mites.

Mine just look at me like WHAT! they like my singing though
lau.gif

Thanks you guys!
clap.gif

I'm glad none of you suggested any serious ailments.
I actually think gnats might be a possibility - seems like I've been seeing a lot of little flyers lately.
I hope it's not mites because, sorry to say, there's no possible way I'm catching these free rangers to dose them with Ivermectin.

Back
Top Bottom