HEADLESS CHICKEN LIVES!...18 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah...but it's fake... in a sense.

Truly amazing, but as we all know, no animal can live without it's brain (central nervous system)...which regulates things like swallowing, breathing, standing, etc. If you look closely at pics of that chicken, you'll realize what really occurred is that the guy who attempted to cut off the chicken's head, in reality, cut it's face off by mistake! Still, amazingly, it lived. The owner had to force feed it grain via its esophagus.

Brian

My great aunt told me a few years ago about that.
tongue.png
It was pretty odd.

My DH said his grandpa would always hypnotize the chickens before he wacked their heads off. Something about he could get them to focus on a a straight line or string on the ground...something like that. Anyone else ever hear of that technique?

Smitty's Farm :

My DH said his grandpa would always hypnotize the chickens before he wacked their heads off. Something about he could get them to focus on a a straight line or string on the ground...something like that. Anyone else ever hear of that technique?

Yes, a guy who repairs the computers where I work also told me about hypnotizing chickens. You hold their head down and drag your finger off their beak and along a straight line from their beak on the ground for about a foot or more. They will stay immobile for a while after that.

He said he scared the splort out of his mom as a kid by doing that to 25 of her prize purebred chickens one summer. He wanted to see how many he could hypnotize in a row before they starting 'waking up'. She thought he'd killed them... He never got to hypnotize that many again!​

Quote:
Yes, a guy who repairs the computers where I work also told me about hypnotizing chickens. You hold their head down and drag your finger off their beak and along a straight line from their beak on the ground for about a foot or more. They will stay immobile for a while after that.

He said he scared the splort out of his mom as a kid by doing that to 25 of her prize purebred chickens one summer. He wanted to see how many he could hypnotize in a row before they starting 'waking up'. She thought he'd killed them... He never got to hypnotize that many again!

yuckyuck.gif
That is to funny! Can you imagine all those prized purebreds lined up like still zombies! I'm hypnotized!!!!!

DK.....He di chop off the brain, but the brain stem was left. the brain stem controls most of the chickens reflexes (like swallowing) so it was able to continue living. read the story you will see .

Smitty's Farm :

Quote:

He said he scared the splort out of his mom as a kid by doing that to 25 of her prize purebred chickens one summer. He wanted to see how many he could hypnotize in a row before they starting 'waking up'. She thought he'd killed them... He never got to hypnotize that many again!

yuckyuck.gif
That is to funny! Can you imagine all those prized purebreds lined up like still zombies! I'm hypnotized!!!!!​

I can imagine it! Haven't had the heart to try and hypnotize my girls, though. DH says if the rooster goes after him again he'll catch him and try hypnotizing him. I asked that he let me know so I can egt the camera!

Back
Top Bottom