HEADLESS CHICKEN LIVES!...18 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!

chickfillhay

Crowing
15 Years
Dec 31, 2007
Berlin Nh
Has anybody heard anything about this?

I was out at my chicken coop this morning talking to the girls when this story I saw years ago on a tv show once popped into my head.
hu.gif

Where the owner went to kill the chicken for dinner and it ran off without its' head. And lived for a while.
Anyone to clarify.?

Last edited:
Its true!
My grand parents used to butcher chickens, and they would tell stories of chickens running around with their heads cut off. they will run till they bleed out.
Thats where the phrase "running around like a chicken with it's head chopped off" comes from

*well, technically, the chicken was either dead, or dying-- no head = no brain activity, right? and isn't that our current definition of death? REGARDLESS of what the body is doing???
hmm.png
Might ask though, if you were good enough & quick enough to get the head reattatched, is the chicken still dead?!? Used to wonder that when I was a kid and heard those stories. ~:\\

Last edited:
AWESOME!!!!
pop.gif
I just found it myself through the search engine and got another site. But yours is better!
Here is where I found it at...http://www.blazingtalons.com/2006/02/mike-headless-chicken.html

It's amazing that this thing DID live for 18 months. Eating, drinking, perching and everything. Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!!!
I can sleep tonight!!!
woot.gif
................ADDING SOME JOKES I FOUND ON HIS SITE.

What did Mike say to his girlfriend?
I am head over heels for you.
smack.gif

Why did the chicken ask for a raise?
Just to get a-head.
th.gif

Why did the chicken have to take "Anger Management Classes"?
He kept losing his head. :thun

Why does a chicken coop have two doors?
Because if it had four doors it would be a chicken sedan!
lau.gif
HA!HA!HEE!HEE!HEEE!!!MY FAVORITE!

Last edited:
*o.k.- that site's wackyer than a headless chicken-- and shouldn't they say "**TRY** to live a normal life"??? No chicken is going to be able to carry on THAT WELL 18 mths w/o a head!! **IF** the ax didn't kill it, it would starve LONG before 18 mths!!! AND DRINKING?? Hey- Somebody was drinking all right-- but, it wasn't the headless chicken!!! CAN YOU SAY "NATIONAL ENQUIRER"? :p

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom