Heads up regarding the size of openings in Bekaert fencing sold at TSC

Ra_

Crowing
12 Years
Jan 25, 2010
North Central Florida
In the Q&A portion of this 330' roll of wire on the TSC website, the manufacturer provides links to this image when asked about the size of their wire.

Field_fence_fence_design.PNG

The width of the openings is 6"
I deduced that these dimensions were small enough to contain my hens.
After hauling the 120 pound rolll of wire home on my scooter and then facing the task of stringing it, I didn't suspect that I would have to stop and first measure the openings. I trusted the chart.
So I muscled that roll through the brush and created the new enclosure for Speckles and some ladies.
I lured them inside... but they soon squeezed their way back through the fence.
At this point, I examined the dimensions more closely and discovered that the openings were much larger than advertised.

fencelies.jpg

I tried to warn others and notify the company in my review, but TSC rejected it without any specific objection. Now in other threads, where TSC was taking a beating, I have praised them and even in my review, I absolved TSC of any guilt and laid the blame solely on the manufacturer's representative providing inaccurate specifications.
I didn't cuss. I don't know what I said that they are condemning as inappropriate? The fact that it's a negative review? How valuable are reviews if they weed out info such as this?

tscreview.PNG

So I can't share this information with prospective buyers on TSC's website but at least whoever reads this here is forewarned. When people go to the trouble of contacting the manufacturer to clarify details about the merchandise that they are selling, I think we deserve accurate information.

I don't know what I said that they are condemning as inappropriate? The fact that it's a negative review?

How valuable are reviews if they weed out info such as this?
Probably.
I always take reviews with many grains of salt, like everything on the internet. ....
....and take my tape measure to the store(I always have one in the van).

I'm a sucker for reviews, seriously. So if I was looking at a product like this and saw your review, I wouldn't buy it. They should have to post all reviews as long as it pertains to the product and is free from profanity. It really helps perspective buyers.

I'm a sucker for reviews, seriously. So if I was looking at a product like this and saw your review, I wouldn't buy it. They should have to post all reviews as long as it pertains to the product and is free from profanity. It really helps perspective buyers.

Yeah, even though there may be a lot of fake positive reviews on some products, reviews are still the best source for finding unbiased opinions before making a purchase.
I realized how popular they are last week when I left a review for a big bag of swimming pool vermiculite. I gave it five stars but warned people that although it is graded as a size medium, that must be on a swimming pool filter scale because it is extremely fine. I am using it to clone Jacaranda and sprout pieces of Comfrey root so it's perfect for that but most people wanting it for a soil mix prefer a much coarser grit.
I left an affiliate link for a coarse product and was surprised when 3 people bought it and I earned $8.40 in commissions. I might usually go a year and only get a dime here and there in commissions.

Last edited:
Cute!!

Just for ha-has, I reviewed the product, too, just to see if they are kicking out all negative reviews.

It's funny because after my experience with the affiliate link in my Amazon review, I left three more reviews yesterday for products that I didn't like. I gave two of them only 1 star and the other one 3 stars. I provided a link to the superior product that I eventually purchased. Amazon emailed me this morning informing me that all 3 negative reviews have been approved.

Step up your game, TSC. I like you.

Back
Top Bottom