Health Benefits of Quail eggs

I don't get this about Quail Eggs being lower in Cholesterol.

A chicken egg has just over 200 mg.
A quail egg has around 80 mg. But who eats one quail egg? 2 would do it but that makes for a real small egg sandwich. I like 6 in mine.

Usual equivalent is 5 quail eggs to 1 chicken egg. That gives you around 400 mg V 200 mg of Cholesterol.

I don't have a problem with cholesterol so I have them everyday and toss some of the yolks.
But if I did have a problem with it, I would be tossing more of the yolks along with their Cholesterol, like I do for my DH.

My when he wants eggs for breakfast the questions start flying. Chicken, Duck or Quail? How Many? How many Yolks? How do you want it/them cooked? You'd think I was running a restaurant.

As for the geniuscook article. Sounds to good to be true so probably isn't. When giving percentages instead of hard numbers, well it makes the whole thing questionable to me.

Quote:
Good for you! We are getting some real quail later in the winter, I am looking forward to trying the eggs and meat. How long does it take them to reach slaughter age??

We are getting some button quail though, they are SOOO FLIPPING TINY!!!! We've been looking for a pet for our living room for a year or so now, and quail seem just perfect.

Hi we are new to this However my interest in Quail eggs and raising them for our family and perhaps to sell lead me to HealthierQuailleggs.com, for more of the health info- so far I have learned salmonella doesn't happen with quail due to body temp, and more of the info as to not being allergic as an ingredient in an allergy med omocuidoform I think ,is made from quail, also the higher protein,vitamin,mineral info is pretty exciting tooo Although we love our chickens, we will be eating more quaill

well the numbers seem to say that the cholesterol in the Quaill is more good than bad compared to the chicken...so even if you eat 3 you come out ahead in the good cholesterol,protein,minerals,etc...

Cholesterol aside, has anyone found that their allergies have improved while on quail eggs? My daughter has some really bad allergies, to a lot of things. We bought some coturnix babies to try and get some eggs for her, as she is allergic to chicken eggs. :(

I know it's a long shot, but I have heard quail eggs help with allergies, and I am "game" to try anything if I think it would help her. Poor thing, the babies seem to maker her break out too! I just hope that she doesn't show cross-reactivity. ( I know she probably will end up being allergic to these too, but one has to hope for a miracle. )

Last edited:
About 4 months ago, I had an appointment with a nutritionist at the VA. When I told her that I had a 6 quail egg breakfast burrito (containing onions, peppers and tomatoes), her jaw dropped because she didn't know anything about quail eggs. I had to explain to her that quail eggs are roughly 1/3 the size of regular eggs. Then she pulled out her iPhone and used this website to look up calories for quail eggs. She congratulated me on my healthy choice. Only 14 calories and 76g of cholesterol compared to 92 calories in chicken eggs and 210g of cholesterol.
I will have to admit, the only thing I am allergic to is hard work... rapid heart rate, heavy breathing, start to break a sweat, and the only thing that relieves this allergy is to sit in the shade and sip some iced tea.
James

As to the allergy effects - my husband has severe hayfever and this year his symptoms started a whole month later than usual in spite of this year being very bad for pollen. I looked it up on the web and I remember the effect on asthma was discovered in the 1920s there were a couple of papers on the subject. Which means I haven't eaten a quail egg in months, he gets them all...

I seem to remember that the cholesterol in quail eggs was all the "good" type they don't contail LDL?

I'm subscribing to this thread because I interested if anyone does have empirical based evidence to support the claims about quails eggs being an alternative for allergy sufferers.

My son is allergic to chicken eggs. In a few months he is due for his next immunologist appointment and I will definitely check with the doctor if quails eggs would be a safe alternative for him.

I haven't been able to find reliable sources of information yet in Google land but I've read there is a difference between the proteins in chicken and quails eggs that could have something to do with allergies

Last edited:
That's exactly why I got my quail; my poor girl is allergic to just about everything! Nuts, chicken eggs, dogs, cats, even the common cold! Whenever she gets a cold, a regular old measly cold, it's a fifty fifty chance she lands in the hospital overnight on a nebulizer. Poor baby! I'd dance under the moon with a wet black cat held sideways wearing a sombrero if I thought it'd help her.

Back
Top Bottom