Healthy appearance but losing weight

Have you de-wormed her?
I dewormed them last in March. I've been scared to do it again since people say it's hard on them and I was worried about her getting worse. At this point I'm not sure what to do asides from that or taking her to the vet

I went ahead and dewormed her. If she's still going downhill a week from now I plan to take her to the state lab for humane euthanasia and necropsy. I had a hen die recently diagnosed with mareks, but I want the PCR test to confirm. I don't want her to suffer for any longer, she's been declining since this post.

Safeguard paste, pea sized on piece of bread. That's the same I did in March but didn't repeat after 10 days.
Safeguard (Fenbendazole) is dosed by weight.
Dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once and repeated in 10 days to treat Roundworms only.

Give for 5 days in a row to treat other worms poultry can have, except for Tapeworm (you would use Praziquantel for Tapeworm)

*Pea Size is old dosing info.
When giving medications it's important to follow up with dosing as well.

Safeguard (Fenbendazole) is dosed by weight.
Dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once and repeated in 10 days to treat Roundworms only.

Give for 5 days in a row to treat other worms poultry can have, except for Tapeworm (you would use Praziquantel for Tapeworm)

*Pea Size is old dosing info.
When giving medications it's important to follow up with dosing as well.
Thank you I really appreciate this, I apologize for not giving them the proper amount

She was quickly getting worse this week. We took her to the state lab today since she was starting to lose balance and couldn't run. I think it is Marek's... I'm heartbroken but at least she isn't in pain anymore. I will get results in a week or so.

She was quickly getting worse this week. We took her to the state lab today since she was starting to lose balance and couldn't run. I think it is Marek's... I'm heartbroken but at least she isn't in pain anymore. I will get results in a week or so.
I'm sorry about your hen :hugs

Let me know what you find out.

Back
Top Bottom