Healthy - Good Food finds..

Quote:
LOL!!!! Ok that is funny!

My downfall is cheese. All cheese.

A life without cheese is just not worth living.

I miss you too, Deb. I see your posts sometimes on some of my facebook friends.

Quote:
LOL!!!! Ok that is funny!

My downfall is cheese. All cheese.

A life without cheese is just not worth living.

I miss you too, Deb. I see your posts sometimes on some of my facebook friends.

Weird isn't it.
lol.png

what I wanted was for people to NOT judge foods from others..but to let others know what they find that they eat occasionally and on a regular basis that
may help them stick to their own diet/eating plan.

Occasionally; if I want cake; I dont eat cake; I eat a 100 cal. snack pack of the carrot cake by hostess..or the chocolate one..it takes care of my
cake craving and its much better than eating a piece of "cake-cake"...

everything else I stated is healthy compared to the counterparts...
there is nothing unhealthy about the PB2 due to the oils being taken out..
ther is nothing unhealthy about the tortillas really...

does that make sense?? I wouldnt eat the quinoa or whatever but I didnt say that it shouldnt be
wrote b'cuz someone else doesnt like it..b'cuz it may give someone else a great idea for a meal...

I'm not sure how my OP was confusing...just meaning lets post a post of things that you eat that helps you
stick by your diet/eating plan...

my downfall is cheese...so I treat myself to the laughing cow spreadable cheese instead of boycotting cheese
altogether which I know I cannot do w/o binging on it...

HTH
big_smile.png

OK. I was just saying that just because something fits into a diet plan does not make it "healthy", IMHO. Healthy food typically contains important nutrients. I think it's just a matter of semantics. I think what we are talking about here is food that is Weight Watchers friendly- not healthy.

I think the problem is people consider different things 'healthy'. For example, you view foods that are low in calories and fat healthy. Others view healthy as unprocessed, whole foods. To me eating a piece of home-made cake (using home-milled wheat flour, olive or coconut oil and honey instead of sugar) is much healthier than eating a hostess 100-calorie pack -- but that's because I don't like to eat processed foods.

You may want to edit your title to attract people that are on weight watchers... you might get some more helpful answers.
smile.png

Our staples are brown rice, avocados, apples, and strawberries -- many others, too! Apples (Jonagolds to be specific) and peanut butter have been my craving lately. And I love cheese! For some reason, eating a couple of pieces of cheese and whole wheat crackers while drinking coffee is just very yummy to me! We really try to stay away from processed foods (I know -- crackers are one of them
big_smile.png
). So that means lots of cooking from scratch for me, which I enjoy. I can a lot when my garden starts producing. I also freeze veggies and fruits from the garden. And we try to enjoy real, whole foods just as they are -- raw fruits and veggies. I do bake bread, but still buy some from the store. Those are just some things we do around here.

Last edited:
Quote:
I think you are right about that. Many things that some people consider good for you, really are not. I would rather have tangerines than a snack pack. I LOVE clementines
love.gif
And Activia yogurt. I bought it because if was the only big pack at Costco that had the flavors I like and now I will never buy another brand. That stuff is YUMMY!

Quote:
PB2 is da bomb. God bless Bell Plantation.

I participated in a number of obesity programs through my health insurance when I was heavy, and every single physician we saw told us that by far, of every so-called "commercial diet" plan out there, Weight Watchers is the most nutritionally sound and the one folks are most likely to be successful with. I ended up having gastric bypass and belong to a support group, and many of us maintain our weight loss through Weight Watchers because frankly, it does just make a lot of sense nutritionally.

Good luck, though I don't think you really need "luck". I think you got it all under control, chickadee.

more veggies-try the Dr. Weil's kale salad-stays fresh for days,and is good.Also check the peanut butter.Peanuts are a crop that are routinely grown after cotton,which is very heavily treated with pesticides.Since peanuts are grown underground it is subjected to all the run off pesticides used on the previous cotton crop.That is a major reason to buy/ eat organic peanut -anything!

For healthy, 100 or so calorie snacks mine have always revolved mostly around basic, filling foods, but so does most of my other eating habits...for snacks I like:

Turkey & cheese rollup
Spinach & raspberry salad w/feta
Apple slices w/peanut butter
Banana & nuts
Oatmeal
Tomatoes sliced w/basil & parm cheese
Pineapple & cottage cheese
Mushrooms & red & green peppers sliced w/parm cheese
Grapes & cheese
Egg hard boiled w/mustard
Fruit salad
Asparagus or broccoli w/balsamic
Cucumber & carrot salad
Yogurt & strawberries

How funny, I just looked over that list and realized one could eat all that food in a single day and still be under around 1000 calories a day, lol.
(Leaves plenty of room for biscuits and gravy on sundays, lol.)

Back
Top Bottom