Healthy hen drops dead. Autopsy pics. **graphic**

Sorry I should have explained.

I didn't have time to view the photos earlier but tagged Casportpony as someone who is very knowledgeable and can bring more people to discuss and try and give you answers.

I agree that looks like much too much fat. The gizzard also looks healthy to me except for the amount of fat. The lining of gizzards peel away quite nicely so they aren't full of that when eaten.

I agree there seems to be too many egg yolks mature inside her and possibly some yolk in other areas as well. While yolks are constantly maturing at different times I don't think there should be that many.

I too am going what is the black thing... was the black thing attached to anything?

Possibly an aorta rupture or something and the blood inside congealed?

It could almost be liver too but doesn't seem right to me for that either. Did you get any photos of the liver? If that's the liver it seems quite dark colored to me.

The heart seems pale to me and possibly a bit small? Of course it's hard to tell not seeing it first hand.

This was more the shape of a liver.
The bright red blob was towards the neck. High in the chest cavity.

Attachments

• 20180809_113019.jpg
    20180809_113019.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 107
I don't mean to upset by saying this but IF I was fed water that looked like this I'd prolly die too. Has this water ever been changed?

View attachment 1498214
I don’t know about the OP, but I have several of those kinds of pans in my chicken yard that get scrubbed out twice a day and look like that. Chickens walk through them to cool off in 95 degree weather, and they have other regular chicken waterers as well.

20180809_113019-jpg.1498600
Do you have any pictures of when you slice open her belly? If that is her liver I think the others are right about fatty liver hemorrhagic syndrome.

I don’t know about the OP, but I have several of those kinds of pans in my chicken yard that get scrubbed out twice a day and look like that. Chickens walk through them to cool off in 95 degree weather, and they have other regular chicken waterers as well.
lol, yeah, you should see some of mine! :sick:gig

the red blob was prolly her crop and that black stuff what is that? it looks like burnt meat.
however whatever the gall bladder is attached to that is her liver. i don't think it should be that color? it should be a bright reddish brown im thinking liver failier?

Back
Top Bottom