Healthy Non-Toxic Plants for Ducks Garden

Which reminds me, tri-color sage is lovely for foliage and has nice purple flowers. The ducks and geese left it alone. They also didn't touch the mint and oregano, but those aren't as pretty imo. Low growing thyme used between garden papers got pulled up and dug out by the geese. It might be ok with just ducks... no one ate the poor things. I also lavender no one seems to have eaten. My spring bulbs all made it last year (snowdrops, crocus, tulip, daffodil), but it was a wet spring with lots of greens coming up.
Yeah I was think about putting up small fences in areas where I plant the new growth to get the plants a head start. The boys love sifting through the dirt right now. It was freshly tilled and the soil was all moved around to build the garden. I’ll have to try those. Anything semi hardy and non toxic! Thanks!

I plant Comfrey for my flock I don't keep it in the property they are in or it would be gone but I harvest the leaves and hang them where they can bite off pieces. Also Oregano it's another good one to plant it is a herbal antibiotic. I dry the oregano. I am going to plant some this year and see if they will eat it fresh I usually put it into their feed dried.

Oh wow! They seriously destroyed that! 😅 and those are good for them to eat? I would love to add some color to their garden!
Yes. I did some research and Marigolds are o.k. for them. I was going to see what they liked before I planted some around the kennel for them. It's hard to grow things in S. Florida ...it's so hot. And... I'm the worst at growing things.

Yes. I did some research and Marigolds are o.k. for them. I was going to see what they liked before I planted some around the kennel for them. It's hard to grow things in S. Florida ...it's so hot. And... I'm the worst at growing things.
Oh yeah! I bet it’s hot there! I live in Oregon so pretty much anything grows. Good to know about the marigolds, thanks and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom