Heard Egg Chirp and move now its Silent

HannahZoinks

Hatching
Feb 16, 2019
This is my first time incubating any sort of egg. I have 20 Japanese Quail eggs I purchased from our local Asian market. The incubator temp has been in the range of 97- 100 And I know 97 is low. The humidity is 65% Its day 18. I believe I have three that passed the floating test but I am extremely worried. On day 16 I float tested my eggs and one wiggled and chirped. When I heard it I pulled it out and put it back in the incubator. Today is day 18 and I was worried so I floated it again, It didnt move or chirp. most of the egg was under water. Only a little was exposed at the top. It was floating on its side. I dont know what this means or if its alive or not. Im brand new to this stuff and take this all as a learning experience, but I cant help but worry. There has been no pecking or cheeping from that egg since the float test on day 16. Is there anything I should do?

You need to up the temperature to 100-102. Try to be patient and wait another day. Since quail eggs are hard to candle I just wait the 18 days. I have never used the float test so can not give an opinion. I suspect the chicks have died in the shell; possibly weakened by the low temperature. Try again and good luck.

You need to up the temperature to 100-102. Try to be patient and wait another day. Since quail eggs are hard to candle I just wait the 18 days. I have never used the float test so can not give an opinion. I suspect the chicks have died in the shell; possibly weakened by the low temperature. Try again and good luck.
Thank you so much,

Back
Top Bottom