Heard the egg song for the first time :)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by aliciasimon, Oct 2, 2013.

1. aliciasimon

aliciasimon Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2013
    I heard the egg announcement for the first time this morning. Two of my chickens have been laying for a few days but I always miss the announcement. Not today....it made me laugh, it was just so cute.

1 person likes this.
  2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] ah yes, the egg song

3. TTracy

TTracy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2013
    Western Michigan
    [​IMG]

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG] Happy you joined!

5. chickiegrrl

chickiegrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2013
    Monticello, MN
    Congratulations! [​IMG] Isn't it the cutest thing?!? I have a RIR that sings the egg song for everyone. I laugh every time I hear her.

6. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    OMGosh...me too!! Just got my first flock, 1 rooster, 5 layers, 4 pullets.

Second day, I hear this godawful racket..the rooster was sounding off big time, not a crow but a very, very loud bock, bock, bock..BAGAAAAAWWWWW ...bock, bock, bock..BAGOOOOOOO ....over and over again. I went running out here thinking 'predator'......and one of the girls popped out of the nest and there as an egg in there. It's been a week I've heard this several times a day.

Today I was working in the coop and one girl came out after being in the nest for quite a while......and she and the rooster and several other girls sounded off....it was hilarious!!! I joined in too! hahahaha The poor dog was very confused.

They are so funny...1st day they were here, the rooster was in one of the nests and talkin, talkin, talkin for about 30 minutes, then he got out and I don't think he's been back in there. I didn't know a rooster would do that, found out here that they do. What fun!

7. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Congrats! It's almost as exciting as getting the egg.

8. pegm

pegm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2013
    Northern California
    My Mom once told me they are saying"look look look look what I did!!" Emphasis on the "I". Always makes me smile.

9. TaylorChicks

TaylorChicks Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2013
    Ours are doing it too! We have chickens who have just started laying and they let us know! We ran out there today when we heard the racket and there was her little green egg! :)

10. sherdiz

sherdiz New Egg

Jun 4, 2013
    Hi, we have 3 barred rocks, 1 golden sex link and 1 Rhode Island Red. We are newbies to all this and are having so much fun!
    They are 5 months old and figure someone is about to start laying. How do we know? They've just started to become very docile-squatting down when we get close. Is that a sign?
    The days are getting shorter and have heard that we should put a light in their house if they don't start laying soon. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by