Heard the egg song toys from the same chicken

tuner06

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 22, 2014
Jarrettsville MD
I would like to know if a chicken will sing the egg song for a different flock member.
This is what happened this morning. I was out letting out my 6 hens 3 went back in the coop I Heard one chicken singing the egg song and found 2 eggs but not the one who was singing 10 min later the same chicken my leghorn was singing the egg song again. This time she laid here egg. Not sure why she was singing the first time anybody else have a chicken that dose this or hered of this.
One other thing my leghorn is the top chicken in the flock from what Ive seen.

my what a good voice you have , i did a youtube search and played some egg songs and it sounds close or maybe im just being anxious , either way i think i will check around the yard ( yea i let them have the whole back yard they like following their dog around) in the spots i leave the grass high for them and some of the bushes they like to hang out in since there is nothing in their coop wish me luck

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Oh absolutely! My hens will sing it for another hen on the nest or after they have laid. Very common. Egg songs are fun to hear. Every time I hear it when I am here in the house, I know there has been an egg laid.

Enjoy your egg song singing flock and welcome to ours!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! What TwoCrows said, some chickens just like to brag, even if they didn't do the work! Leghorns can be pretty dominant birds, and if she is your head hen, she thinks she is responsible for everything that goes on in the coop.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. X2 on what the other members have said about the egg song. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Other than the Leghorn, what kind of chickens do you have?

Back
Top Bottom