Hearing peeps!!! UPDATE: Got my second chick!!!

EastinChickens

Songster
9 Years
Apr 4, 2010
Michigan
Today is day 21 and one of my eggs is rocking slightly and peeping. It is not yet pipped, and I am worried that It could drown / suffocate. Am I just over - reacting? Thanks for any input.

Last edited:
Quote:
Lol!
Thanks. You made me feel a lot better.
smile.png

Agree, resist the urge to help. They should be just fine and be able to hatch on their own. Good luck! Can't wait to see pics!
jumpy.gif

Quote:
This is helping me, too. I have 3 pips, a bit of peeping, but two of the pips have not changed at all since I first saw them. The third pip has the tip of a beak (I think) poking out!!

But this is excruciating. I can hear very faint tapping, and an occasional peep. But ... but....

..anyway, thanks for the yank back to reality. Hatching can take over 24 hours, right???
41679_yahoo_nailbiting.gif

Yes, 24-36 hours is not unusual. During this time they are positioning inside the eggs and absorbing their yolk. Don't forget, they are also learning how to breathe air via the air cell inside the egg. This is a lot of work for a chick and they do it in their own sweet time. Best wishes for you too!

Thanks for all yor input, guys!!!

I may just be up all night keeping an eye on my incy.
lol.png
I will post pics as soo as a chickie hatches.

I HEARD ANOTHER PEEP!!! It is just TOO adorable!!!
clap.gif

Last edited:
I know it is hard, but it's better for the chick if you wait. I remind myself this every time I incubate. Usually, I get a pip and then they do absolutely nothing for 24 hours or more. It is so hard not to think, "something is wrong, I must save them!". If your heat was a bit lower than optimum, they will come a bit later than usual. I am not saying that this is the case for yours, I'm just throwing out an example.
Good luck with your hatch! I am sending positive hatch vibes your way
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom