Heart Catherization Surgery

EweSheep

Flock Mistress
14 Years
Jan 12, 2007
Land of Lincoln
As some of you remember last week I went in heart cath surgery and they found numberous things going on, pluerisy, MVP and heart mumurs. And on top of it sleep apnea!
barnie.gif

I am afraid I am falling apart before I hit 50 years old!
I had surgery in the leg.....hurts when I woke up and had to stay in bed for 12 hours after that. Talk about back pain and leg aching. At least my heart is OK!

Its been over a week and two days since surgery. I am still sore from the inside groan muscle, tight pelvic tendon...I swear they took my leg and pull it forward and twist it to get a good location for the fermoral artery! My knee does a light click and either side of the knee is like tighteness, burning as if they stretched it waaaaaaaay out. I know my parents had it and they said it took them a long time to recover from it. I kept trying to walk the stiffness, pain in muscles to loosen them up. Walking up the stairs is very very painful as I left myself from one stair to the next. Sometimes during the night, it would cramp up. UGGGGGGh! Walking in the store with cart was an ordeal! What exactly did they do? I was OUT when they put me under...lights out! Never was concious thru the procedure, all I felt was oooooooo feel good, feel sleepy......zzzzzzzzzzz! LOL! I know I got good cardiac doctors!

If i sit, I'm ok but can not sit too long. HAVE to get up!

At this rate, I would never go out and mow the lawn, where are the horses when I need them???? (sure they don't allow them in the city LOL!)

Anyone had it done? What was your experience? Which area do you think it is best? Groin or arm?

Oh my, I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time of it. My elderly mom & sis had it done (they had underlying health issues on top of it) and they recovered quickly after the mandatory down time. Do your docs say it's normal to feel this way a week out? I hope you feel better quick!
hugs.gif

I have a doctor's appointment next week, a week and half after surgery. Long enough I must say!

Hot showers seems to help a bit.

Friend had a cardiac ablation done at... 19. Went in at the groin. One day bed rest, was back in class two days post op. Made a TERRIBLE start of the quarter! Only took docs 12 years to believe he had a problem... and it's not quite fixed, just MUCH better. No more 300bp heart rates and now a normal blood pressure. He was sore for 5-6 days. But if you're a tad older than 19, not running 10-20 miles a week for fun, and a "pain loving male" I'd not be surprised if it takes longer than a week for you to make a "full" recovery.

Glad your surgery went well though! Don't be feelin old now.

Back
Top Bottom