Heartbroken 💔

Rose_adamaj

Songster
Apr 6, 2023
Texas
For the first time I was able to travel from TX to Seattle to see my grandsons. They are 15 & 12.
I hired a relative who has come for multiple visits to stay in the house and take care of my kitty & ladies.
He has visited so many times I knew he would take exceptional care of everything.
He did not tell me a portion of fence came down. I could have hired someone to fix it.
He did not tell me when the first lady went missing & there were feathers everywhere.
I got a phone call telling me that he had ‘lost’ them all. Lost who! The ladies Lost, I said, please define lost!
Never have been told what happened when - it doesn’t matter now. One pullet survivor. I found her a home, they went & got her. Her grandson named her Summer. My dear husband consoled me with ‘you can get more when we get home’
I know anyone who reads this will understand my feelings. ‘Ready’ my rescue debeaked hen was among those killed 😢 No words.

For the first time I was able to travel from TX to Seattle to see my grandsons. They are 15 & 12.
I hired a relative who has come for multiple visits to stay in the house and take care of my kitty & ladies.
He has visited so many times I knew he would take exceptional care of everything.
He did not tell me a portion of fence came down. I could have hired someone to fix it.
He did not tell me when the first lady went missing & there were feathers everywhere.
I got a phone call telling me that he had ‘lost’ them all. Lost who! The ladies Lost, I said, please define lost!
Never have been told what happened when - it doesn’t matter now. One pullet survivor. I found her a home, they went & got her. Her grandson named her Summer. My dear husband consoled me with ‘you can get more when we get home’
I know anyone who reads this will understand my feelings. ‘Ready’ my rescue debeaked hen was among those killed 😢 No words.
:hugs :hugs:hugs

So very sorry for your loss. I know how devastated you must feel. I have lost beloved birds and cats in recent years and it has taken a toll.
I found people on BYC very understanding and it has helped me to post some kind of tribute to them - with photos and memories.
That may not be your thing, but if it is, I am sure many people will like to see it and it will mean that they will not be forgotten.

:hugs :hugs:hugs

So very sorry for your loss. I know how devastated you must feel. I have lost beloved birds and cats in recent years and it has taken a toll.
I found people on BYC very understanding and it has helped me to post some kind of tribute to them - with photos and memories.
That may not be your thing, but if it is, I am sure many people will like to see it and it will mean that they will not be forgotten.
Thank you for understanding and suggesting I post pictures. I don’t have a good one of all my Ladies. I have one of Ready taken in the house during her rehab. She had such a short life, I can’t stand to think about her end.

IMG_3439.jpeg

Thank you for understanding and suggesting I post pictures. I don’t have a good one of all my Ladies. I have one of Ready taken in the house during her rehab. She had such a short life, I can’t stand to think about her end.

View attachment 3594437
Fly high lovely Ready - you will be much missed back at home.

I used to work at a state prison where it was mandatory to stay over when they were short of help and it was like pulling teeth to find someone to let my dogs out to pee after being locked in the house 12 hr. My heart goes out to those who've lost animals they loved and are glued to their home because they have no one reliable to take care of them if they're gone.So sorry for your loss!

Back
Top Bottom