Heat lamp

It's kind of important to check on them regularly to make sure they are acting comfortably or if they have pasty butt.
Yes I have been ! Also what is pasty butt? I have one that has a scab looking thing on its rear end & it was like that in the store ! How can I treat this?

Pasty butt is just like it sounds. Poop builds up on and around the chick's vent and must be cleaned off or the chick can die. I take mine to the bathroom sink, run warm water, and use my (gloved) fingers to gently soak and remove the blockage. For the first week or so, check rears daily and stay on top of it. If you get the chick really wet, use a hair dryer set on low to gently dry it.

Pasty butt is just like it sounds. Poop builds up on and around the chick's vent and must be cleaned off or the chick can die. I take mine to the bathroom sink, run warm water, and use my (gloved) fingers to gently soak and remove the blockage. For the first week or so, check rears daily and stay on top of it. If you get the chick really wet, use a hair dryer set on low to gently dry it.
Thank you so much !! I suspect this brown lump is exactly pasty butt then! I will definitely be getting them cleaned up then.

Back
Top Bottom