Heat? No Heat?

In my experience I think the heat is way over kill. By that time I leave lamp on overnight but unplug during days by week 4 I pulled all heat. I usually have no less than 10-15 chicks so they can huddle if necessary. I had them in insulated garage also that stays 60 no matter exterior temp as long as it’s above freezing.
Thank you!

I think we forget how often the babies aren’t under mom and are out running around in much cooler conditions and by 4 weeks I don’t know that I ever see them under mom much. Except for at night if they aren’t trying to roost already.

I think we forget how often the babies aren’t under mom and are out running around in much cooler conditions and by 4 weeks I don’t know that I ever see them under mom much. Except for at night if they aren’t trying to roost already.
Heck a couple of my mom's last year were done with their babies around 4-5 weeks and started roosting without them.

So good to know. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom