Heated Waterer.... anyone using this product?

capebird

Songster
12 Years
Apr 13, 2011
Cape Cod
I've been looking for a way to keep the water in the girl's waterer from freezing this winter.
Has anyone used this product (see attached pict)? Any comments about it... does it work well?
Compared with a lot of other products the price seems reasonable, but would like to hear if others
are happy with it. Thanks very much.
ScreenShot2011-11-23at82133AM.png

Jefferspets.com has them and did not get a good review

would love to hear from BYC family
if they tried them

I don't have this waterer but wanted to say how much I like your profile picture! CUTE!

Would you put this in your coop? I don't think I would use it outside because of the plug. If you are looking for one for outside, have you seen the heaters on here made out of cookie tins and light sockets? You can put your fount waterer right on that. That will be my post-Thanksgiving-pre-Christmas project.

I have one & just hooked it up....time will only tell. The one thing I don't like already is the pine shavings that get in the water. I originally use a waterer with the nipples....no mess, no spill, no poo or shavings. I have the heated one hanging, state it's best if on a flat base. I guess it'll be trial & error for me.

Thanks for the replies. I would put the waterer in the coop, not outside. I've got
electric in the coop with a GFI outlet. I've been looking at products to buy but have
also been thinking about a design where I could build something. I've seen the light
bulb heaters people have put together, those are interesting. I've also seen these
plug in products that have a thermostat built in and have considered using one of those
combined with a heating element that would fit below the galv waterer. Just weighing the
options.... buying an existing product vs building something.

Tiny Chicken Lady..... go here for the you tube video showing the light bulb heater
there are also a few other videos showing similar setups

Back
Top Bottom