Heating Chicken Coop???

I have used an oil heater too at times. I have wrapped chicken wire around it all the way to the ceiling to keep chickens from jumping on top of it.

I have had 3 cozy coop heaters since i built my coop. i have never installed them because of all the heater police here. my birds seem/are doing ok so far. we are supposed to warm up here next week to about 30+ degrees it will be warm enough to go work in the coop then and i will install them and be ready for our next cold snap. kind of ashamed of myself in not installing them like i was originally going to.

I have had 3 cozy coop heaters since i built my coop. i have never installed them because of all the heater police here. my birds seem/are doing ok so far. we are supposed to warm up here next week to about 30+ degrees it will be warm enough to go work in the coop then and i will install them and be ready for our next cold snap. kind of ashamed of myself in not installing them like i was originally going to.
I love my cozy coop heater. It’s been a must for chickens that decide to molt now and January. This storm was a learning experience for me too.

The oil heater is a space heater, so it doesn't matter how close or far from the roosts it is placed. Nothing coming into contact with any part of the heater will catch fire. At the temperature you will operate it, it won't even get so hot you can't touch it. let alone cause wood shavings to catch fire.

I do place a board under it so it has a level surface to stand on so it won't be tippy. It goes on the floor, and doesn't need to be elevated.
That's great! I never thought it would be safe, but now I'm putting it out there tonight!
Thank you so much! You have just saved the day ( night) here!

Don't feel bad. I just ordered one but don't have a good place to put it! There's a door between the roosts and where I was going to put it.

They'll just be happier next time. I think they may all survive in cold cold weather without heat, but I don't want my chickens stressed and being cold is stress

You might be able to just hang the Cozy heater on the door. It's a flat surface like a wall, isn't it? Tack the electric cord up so it won't get caught in the door crack. I use cup hooks when securing a cord so it will stay out of the way.

You might be able to just hang the Cozy heater on the door. It's a flat surface like a wall, isn't it? Tack the electric cord up so it won't get caught in the door crack. I use cup hooks when securing a cord so it will stay out of the way.
It's a hardware cloth door covered with bubble wrap for winter. My neighbor made my coop and used his old screened door which I put hardware cloth on. I guess I could screw a piece of plywood to it and hang the heater there. Thanks for the brilliant idea!

Back
Top Bottom