heavy wheezing and occasional sneeze - something stuck or sick?

spish

De Regenboog Kippetjes
13 Years
Apr 7, 2010
Belgium
i have a 4 month old chabo hen in quarantine at the moment...i could hear here wheezing when i walked outside this morning, both on in and out breathes, its very loud, then about once a min she does a big sneeze.
but she has no other symptoms...no discharge from eyes, nose or mouth, no slimes, shes running around the cage as hyper as always, looking alert and bright eyed, eating like a horse and drinking fine....?

had a look down her throat as far as i could see but couldnt see anything in there....do i treat as a URI or wait?? dont want to give anti b's if its simply a peace or straw or something stuck.....but dont want to wait to long incase she is sick???

advice please!

well ive started anti b's in the water cause she seems to have gone a bit down hill
sad.png

well shes not wheezing so loudly this morning but she still has trouble breathing normally...

for how many days should i continue antibiotics in the water....5,7,10?

can a bird have a uri with just wheezing as a symptom or is it likely something else

Likely a week or more is best, I would not stop an antibiotic until recovery is quite certain, or until I decided to try another antibiotic. Otherwise if the antibiotics fail to work then decide to cull or let nature take it course.

Back
Top Bottom