Hehehehe!!!

Quote:
gig.gif
I'm pretty sure she thinks we're nuts. Glad I'm not the only one who knows what gardengirl meant!
lol.png

Quote:
Oh I get it now, just not why it's so funny. No I didn't ride the small bus.

Well Debi, it was hysterical when we were children. You know how it doesn't take much to amuse a kid.

Quote:
gig.gif
Yes, last I checked it was the short bus. Now I have a visual of a "small bus", this little itty bitty bus driving around with tiny children....
lau.gif

What does small bus or short bus mean, anyway? More fuel efficient coverage of the route? Not enough students in the area to warrant a larger bus?
idunno.gif

Quote:
No, the short bus was used for Special Ed students. So it became a not very nice slang term.

(They used a short bus because there were usually only a handful of Special Ed kids)

Last edited:
Quote:
The small buses, or short ones, are used for paratransit service for the handicapped and disabled nowadays. Back when we were kids, it was the special ed kids that rode it. So, I guess it hasn't really changed much over time.....

Quote:
Yeah, or one we used to get a huge kick out of: you say "Sshhh..... it's around the corner" and then you repeat it faster and closer together until you're saying, well, something else.

Back
Top Bottom