Hehehehe!!!

lau.gif
New I'd start something! That was something a client wrote out for me and drove me nuts with. I couldn't figure it out and when she read it to me we laughed hysterically. Yeah, ok..........so it doesn't take much to amuse me on my day off.
tongue2.gif

Quote:
Oh I get it now, just not why it's so funny. No I didn't ride the small bus.

Quote:
No, the short bus was used for Special Ed students. So it became a not very nice slang term.

(They used a short bus because there were usually only a handful of Special Ed kids)

Quote:
The small buses, or short ones, are used for paratransit service for the handicapped and disabled nowadays. Back when we were kids, it was the special ed kids that rode it. So, I guess it hasn't really changed much over time.....

Apparently, discriminatory and derogatory remarks about the mentally/physically challenged individuals hasn't either.
sad.png
What a shame. Not many parents of challenged kids would see the humor in that.

Apologies to the OP for going off topic.

Last edited:
I have a child who rides the short bus every week but i personally find nothing wrong with what she said.
in fact, we joke about it all the time, when he forgets to do his chores..ill say "wow, good thing you ride the short bus, chris!"

lol.png

Quote:
Debi, you have made frequent references to the "short bus" and I have always found it offensive and insensitive to those not as blessed as most are. I simply haven't spoken up until now, because you are such a powerful poster on BYC! I thought kindness was a Christian tenet, I'd best go study some more.

Please explain the funny part? I must be lacking a funny bone after all, thought my friends don't think so. Where do I start digging for it?

The wordplay is definitely amusing, but the short bus/small bus references need to go.
smile.png

Quote:
Oh I get it now, just not why it's so funny. No I didn't ride the small bus.

Quote:
No, the short bus was used for Special Ed students. So it became a not very nice slang term.

(They used a short bus because there were usually only a handful of Special Ed kids)

Quote:
The small buses, or short ones, are used for paratransit service for the handicapped and disabled nowadays. Back when we were kids, it was the special ed kids that rode it. So, I guess it hasn't really changed much over time.....

Apparently, discriminatory and derogatory remarks about the mentally/physically challenged individuals hasn't either.
sad.png
What a shame. Not many parents of challenged kids would see the humor in that.

Apologies to the OP for going off topic.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN! I ride the short bus and I thought it was funny.
idunno.gif

Quote:
Sign language is an art. I have tried to really be good at it for years, but without constant training, it is near impossible.

Try to understand Sign when you are dyslexic!!! You could be telling me to go to He** and I'm thinking you wanna go out to lunch!! I had to take the course and pass in college!!!

Back
Top Bottom