Hehehehe!!!

Quote:
smack.gif
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/hexer.gif now you have been hexed
tongue2.gif

Am I gonna start hearing my dog talking to me now? He thinks he already does.

Why not your cat did!!!
tongue2.gif

Quote:
Debi, you have made frequent references to the "short bus" and I have always found it offensive and insensitive to those not as blessed as most are. I simply haven't spoken up until now, because you are such a powerful poster on BYC! I thought kindness was a Christian tenet, I'd best go study some more.

Please explain the funny part? I must be lacking a funny bone after all, thought my friends don't think so. Where do I start digging for it?

The wordplay is definitely amusing, but the short bus/small bus references need to go.
smile.png

So basically, you knew what she meant by it, but wanted to derail a funny thread to 'teach her a lesson and call her out' basically... wow...what Christian values there!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO all powerful Debi!!!

I think she is really a closet pagan and doesn't want to admit it!!!
hexer.gif

Quote:
No, the short bus was used for Special Ed students. So it became a not very nice slang term.

(They used a short bus because there were usually only a handful of Special Ed kids)

Quote:
Debi, you have made frequent references to the "short bus" and I have always found it offensive and insensitive to those not as blessed as most are. I simply haven't spoken up until now, because you are such a powerful poster on BYC! I thought kindness was a Christian tenet, I'd best go study some more.

Please explain the funny part? I must be lacking a funny bone after all, thought my friends don't think so. Where do I start digging for it?

The wordplay is definitely amusing, but the short bus/small bus references need to go.
smile.png

I should have realized I was being baited. Good grief. If she's been offending you all along with this, why ask what it means? I suppose we could say it's not very Christian-like to essentially lie and pretend not to understand something with the intent of throwing it in their face a few posts later. And it's a good thing I'm Buddhist, or I might be very offended.
tongue.png
Is this a Christian forum by the way? I keep meaning to check on that. Seriously, people can't make ANY jokes anymore. It's bound to offend someone. I suppose if I said "Oh Fudge!" when I stub my toe, I'm probably offending a Chocolatier somewhere....
roll.png

I was in a few Special Ed classes as a kid. Didn't actually take the short bus only because the town was so small that we didn't actually have one. It didn't offend me. I guess I need to stop saying that a couple of my Silkies need tiny helmets too (but they do). What I don't understand is, if Debi has been offending you with this for a long time, why not PM her? Why wait until she says it again and ruin a perfectly fun thread?

Deb, I didn't realize you were so powerful by the way. I stand corrected on the various times we've disagreed.
tongue.png
bow.gif
(I always knew there would someday be a use for the bowing-down-in-awe smiley, apparently it was designed for YOU.)

We've got SO many diverse threads on here, talking about everything from menopause to sexism to religion to politics. I suppose we could get offended at everything, or we could take life in stride and realize that people make jokes and pick our battles. Otherwise, we're going to waste a lot of precious life being offended all the time. If we all start posting being *sure* to be politically correct in every possible way, as to avoid offending any potential race, creed, or adversity, this will be a mundane forum with a bunch of robotic and boring threads. And I don't care how many posts Debi has, if she outright said something with cruel intent, I'd call her out on it in a heartbeat. But I think it's pretty clear to *almost* everyone here that she meant it as a harmless joke.

Sigh... I think of times when I've been offended, and I'm trying so hard to sit here and remember those times, in fairness. I think it's fair to say we all need to lighten up a bit. Sometimes a joke is just a joke.

Quote:
I find that statement to be very offensive. Fudge is very misunderstood. The world would be a better place if we could all just give fudge the appreciation it deserves. I know it has saved my life on more than one occasion (and possibly the lives of others as well).

tongue.png

Quote:
I find that statement to be very offensive. Fudge is very misunderstood. The world would be a better place if we could all just give fudge the appreciation it deserves. I know it has saved my life on more than one occasion (and possibly the lives of others as well).

tongue.png

You're right, my apologies to fudge and chocolate everywhere. I should not have even used it as a reference, it was thoughtless. On that note, I'm *pretty* sure I have a Hershey Special Dark out there calling my name! (I'm such a hyprocrite!)
big_smile.png

spe·cial
adjective /ˈspeSHəl/ 

1.Better, greater, or otherwise different from what is usual
- they always made a special effort at Christmas

2.Exceptionally good or precious
- she's a very special person

3.Belonging specifically to a particular person or place
- we want to preserve our town's special character

4.Designed or organized for a particular person, purpose, or occasion

I would say the Special Dark falls under definition #1. Milkyway Midnight would fall under definition #2.
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
No, the short bus was used for Special Ed students. So it became a not very nice slang term.

(They used a short bus because there were usually only a handful of Special Ed kids)

Quote:

smile.png

I should have realized I was being baited. Good grief. If she's been offending you all along with this, why ask what it means? I suppose we could say it's not very Christian-like to essentially lie and pretend not to understand something with the intent of throwing it in their face a few posts later. And it's a good thing I'm Buddhist, or I might be very offended.
tongue.png
Is this a Christian forum by the way? I keep meaning to check on that. Seriously, people can't make ANY jokes anymore. It's bound to offend someone. I suppose if I said "Oh Fudge!" when I stub my toe, I'm probably offending a Chocolatier somewhere....
roll.png

I was in a few Special Ed classes as a kid. Didn't actually take the short bus only because the town was so small that we didn't actually have one. It didn't offend me. I guess I need to stop saying that a couple of my Silkies need tiny helmets too (but they do). What I don't understand is, if Debi has been offending you with this for a long time, why not PM her? Why wait until she says it again and ruin a perfectly fun thread?

Deb, I didn't realize you were so powerful by the way. I stand corrected on the various times we've disagreed.
tongue.png
bow.gif
(I always knew there would someday be a use for the bowing-down-in-awe smiley, apparently it was designed for YOU.)

We've got SO many diverse threads on here, talking about everything from menopause to sexism to religion to politics. I suppose we could get offended at everything, or we could take life in stride and realize that people make jokes and pick our battles. Otherwise, we're going to waste a lot of precious life being offended all the time. If we all start posting being *sure* to be politically correct in every possible way, as to avoid offending any potential race, creed, or adversity, this will be a mundane forum with a bunch of robotic and boring threads. And I don't care how many posts Debi has, if she outright said something with cruel intent, I'd call her out on it in a heartbeat. But I think it's pretty clear to *almost* everyone here that she meant it as a harmless joke.

Sigh... I think of times when I've been offended, and I'm trying so hard to sit here and remember those times, in fairness. I think it's fair to say we all need to lighten up a bit. Sometimes a joke is just a joke.

Laura you and I DO disagree often. However the difference is that both of us can just let it go and know we disagree about THAT one thing and never mention it again. I seriously meant my remark as "I am not slow". Many, many good people are slow, and I have many friends that are. Many that I care about that say themselves they ride the small bus. Heck I work in transit!!!! It's either the small bus or the fixed route bus. That is just the way it is.

I still do not understand the initial talking thing. I tried.

Back
Top Bottom