Hehehehe!!!

Quote:
I have very limited sign skills as well. Comes in handy at times, then again I sign something I know and they go OFF!!! Uhn I don't get all that. LOL!

I can do the alphabet in sign.... learned that when I was a kid. Don't know any actual words though.
hmm.png

Quote:
I have very limited sign skills as well. Comes in handy at times, then again I sign something I know and they go OFF!!! Uhn I don't get all that. LOL!

I can do the alphabet in sign.... learned that when I was a kid. Don't know any actual words though.
hmm.png

I know alot of words. Problem is in ASL, words are not words. In that case you need to be able to tell them you are slow. Right hand to left wrist dragging up. SLOW.......

Quote:

I know enough to be able to talk to my dog. Ya'll don't laugh!! I'm serious!! My dog is deaf and I use signs and hand signals to talk with her. Dogs actually learn signs faster than they do verbal commands.

1659_k10910.jpg

My other dog is deaf and blind. I have to use "touch" commands with her.

Quote:

I know enough to be able to talk to my dog. Ya'll don't laugh!! I'm serious!! My dog is deaf and I use signs and hand signals to talk with her. Dogs actually learn signs faster than they do verbal commands.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/1659_k10910.jpg

My other dog is deaf and blind. I have to use "touch" commands with her.

Me too! She's passed away now, but when she was alive, she was 13 and had gone deaf. I taught her all her commands with hand signals. Not anything "official" I'm sure, I just made up signals for sit, wait, go ahead, etc. It started off for safety reasons with traffic but then we had fun with it. She learned all kinds of tricks to do to my signals. It gave her some good last days.

Quote:
I always had trouble remembering those 3.

Thanks deb

Your welcome! I keep that handy for me because once in a while we get a deaf person in here and I tend to remember more words and I need to spell out names. I rarely remember every letter.

Back
Top Bottom