Hehehehe!!!

roll.png
Good grief! Who would have thought this thread would become one that "offends"? I'm so sick of all the politically correct crap. I'm not the type to live my life walking on eggshells and I sure as heck don't expect others to do so around me either.

People, put on your big girl panties because LIFE is sometimes offensive. Get over it already!!

Quote:
No, the short bus was used for Special Ed students. So it became a not very nice slang term.

(They used a short bus because there were usually only a handful of Special Ed kids)

Quote:
I should have realized I was being baited. Good grief. If she's been offending you all along with this, why ask what it means? I suppose we could say it's not very Christian-like to essentially lie and pretend not to understand something with the intent of throwing it in their face a few posts later. And it's a good thing I'm Buddhist, or I might be very offended.
tongue.png
Is this a Christian forum by the way? I keep meaning to check on that. Seriously, people can't make ANY jokes anymore. It's bound to offend someone. I suppose if I said "Oh Fudge!" when I stub my toe, I'm probably offending a Chocolatier somewhere....
roll.png

I was in a few Special Ed classes as a kid. Didn't actually take the short bus only because the town was so small that we didn't actually have one. It didn't offend me. I guess I need to stop saying that a couple of my Silkies need tiny helmets too (but they do). What I don't understand is, if Debi has been offending you with this for a long time, why not PM her? Why wait until she says it again and ruin a perfectly fun thread?

Deb, I didn't realize you were so powerful by the way. I stand corrected on the various times we've disagreed.
tongue.png
bow.gif
(I always knew there would someday be a use for the bowing-down-in-awe smiley, apparently it was designed for YOU.)

We've got SO many diverse threads on here, talking about everything from menopause to sexism to religion to politics. I suppose we could get offended at everything, or we could take life in stride and realize that people make jokes and pick our battles. Otherwise, we're going to waste a lot of precious life being offended all the time. If we all start posting being *sure* to be politically correct in every possible way, as to avoid offending any potential race, creed, or adversity, this will be a mundane forum with a bunch of robotic and boring threads. And I don't care how many posts Debi has, if she outright said something with cruel intent, I'd call her out on it in a heartbeat. But I think it's pretty clear to *almost* everyone here that she meant it as a harmless joke.

Sigh... I think of times when I've been offended, and I'm trying so hard to sit here and remember those times, in fairness. I think it's fair to say we all need to lighten up a bit. Sometimes a joke is just a joke.

Laura you and I DO disagree often. However the difference is that both of us can just let it go and know we disagree about THAT one thing and never mention it again. I seriously meant my remark as "I am not slow". Many, many good people are slow, and I have many friends that are. Many that I care about that say themselves they ride the small bus. Heck I work in transit!!!! It's either the small bus or the fixed route bus. That is just the way it is.

I still do not understand the initial talking thing. I tried.

Well, we also have a mutual like and respect for each other, and I don't think either of us expects 'carbon copies' out of the other. I knew what you meant. Whether it was a joke or whatever you want to call it, you didn't mean it to offend, and that's all that matters as far as I'm concerned.

No need to say you're sorry Laurajean.

debiraymond, when my client gave me that paper with that on it, I was like, "Mr. Chickens"?? WTH???

So I didn't even ride the bus. I rode my bike!
gig.gif

I thought that even better than the OP was the way some got all over sensitive. I have a wife who has special needs and a very good friend who's daughter does ride the less than full size bus. I didn't see any harm. Sometimes people just need to learn to build a bridge and get the heck over it!!! BTW I am also very good at sign just have a very limited vocab!

Back
Top Bottom