Hei from Norway

Hei hei everyone, thank you so much for your warm words of welcome! It's a really special community indeed!
(Incidentally, the week I finally joined BYC was the worst week for the chooks since I started the whole flock. First, one of my young roosters died ((we suspect some congenital issues since he was so much smaller than the others)), and then one of my young hens was attacked by a hawk and badly wounded. She's still hanging in there and I keep my fingers crossed! It's the first time I had any serious issues with the chooks so this week has been a steep learning curve!)

Hei hei everyone, thank you so much for your warm words of welcome! It's a really special community indeed!
(Incidentally, the week I finally joined BYC was the worst week for the chooks since I started the whole flock. First, one of my young roosters died ((we suspect some congenital issues since he was so much smaller than the others)), and then one of my young hens was attacked by a hawk and badly wounded. She's still hanging in there and I keep my fingers crossed! It's the first time I had any serious issues with the chooks so this week has been a steep learning curve!)

Oh gosh, I am so sorry! :hugs

I am so sorry!

The rooster sounds like failure to thrive.

Chickens have an amazing ability to recover from injury

I am hoping for the best for her recovery!

Back
Top Bottom