Heifer + sheep?

poultry bro

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 4, 2014
Hi everybody I need some help I have never owned a cow until 3 weeks ago I picked up a Hereford heifer calf whose mom had mastitis and she almost starved to death so we bottle fed her and she survived but now I plan to keep her but my dad said no but I can probably persuade him but anyway Bella is her name and I own a small flock of sheep can they live together when she is older they are living together now but what about later so far there is no problem but the sheep are afraid of her but they will get used to her I am sure but what about fencing the sheep pasture is mostly cow panels but some of it is no climb fence will this hold her back or will she break it down also I don't plan on getting another calf so its one cow vs the fence also the no climb fence has barb wire behind it so will it be enough to hold her back I don't want to get rid of her but if all else fails I will fence in my 43 acre ranch 20 minutes away from home and get more cows its got a large seasonal creek and plenty of grass it would be perfect but it does need a fence any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom