Helen

I've heard of karapos and have watched live videos of some being rescued in October. It's so horrible and foolish and there's no reason to do it! If you need to find your other chicken a new home maybe you could contact the rescue and see if anyone can take him. It's great that you were able to rescue a few as I wish I could every year it comes around😭💔. It's also unbelievable how it's legal to.
That is an option, but they are possibly overwhelmed. 🐔🥰

Horrible... I Never heard of swinging a chicken for that reason. No that shouldn't happen. I treat my meat birds with respect and thank them.
I know. A quick death is one thing, but they leave them in crates for a week without food or water first. So the rescue angels took watermelon and pushed it through the cages so they could have something. We are trying to get this banned. Freedom of religion should not allow cruelty.

My six month old cross hen has not moved today and has not laid an egg for three weeks. Is she egg bound? What can I do? She is not eating either.
Common symptoms to look for include:
  1. Decreased appetite and drinking.
  2. Lethargic, sitting around, fluffed up.
  3. 'looks sick', depressed.
  4. Shaky wings.
  5. Walks like a penguin – she will periodically stop walking and try to squat.
  6. Abdominal straining – the cloaca (vent) can be seen straining to expel something.

I cannot believe I did not know about this ritual and the animal cruelty that has stemmed from it. 💔
Well, it may only take place in Brooklyn. It is so awful, but the animal cruelty laws do not cover it,Yet. As said, freedom of religion should not include cruelty. They are very sick, sick people.

Common symptoms to look for include:
  1. Decreased appetite and drinking.
  2. Lethargic, sitting around, fluffed up.
  3. 'looks sick', depressed.
  4. Shaky wings.
  5. Walks like a penguin – she will periodically stop walking and try to squat.
  6. Abdominal straining – the cloaca (vent) can be seen straining to expel something.
Yes. All of above.

Back
Top Bottom