Hellloooo! Newbie here

jasonc273

Hatching
Sep 16, 2018
Hello everybody!

I live in Central Florida, the weather here is usually hot but sometimes during the winter, it gets kinda cold (Florida cold).

I've been debating on chicken vs ducks, so far I'm leaning towards ducks. I do not have anything yet, I still have to fence my backyard, I live in an acre and I have a dog. So I still have to build a duck coop and I want to get some ideas on it. I did some research, and they suggest using cement board so I can bleach and spray out the coop when I wanted too. I want a coop where I can leave them when I take my family on a vacation, they can survive for a few days or so, but I can always ask my neighbor for help. If you guys have any suggestion towards building a coop that would be awesome.

I'm thinking about using rain barrels to use for water feed or water pool. My house sits on a little hill where I can take advantage of the decline to drain their poop water into my fruit trees. I'm thinking about buying a small rubber pool that I can plug in a hose that drain into my fruit trees. My wife wants to build a duck pond with the filtration pump, but from what I read, they usually go bad. So I figure I can just buy a small pool and just dump it out.

As for duck breed, I would like to try Khaki Campbell. I just want duck eggs, and their the best for laying.

Thanks for reading guys, I'm open for suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom