Hello all!!!

Jeschel

Chirping
Mar 23, 2018
Hi my fellow chicken keepers,
I have been into chickens in the past, but about 2 yrs ago got back into chickens when they lifted the ban in keeping chickens in my local neighborhood where I live. So after learning about this wonderful group I joined Backyardchickens yesterday!

I’m happy to be surrounded with people that love chickens and other poultry as much as I do. It’s hard to find chicken people where I live in So. Cal so I feel honored here.

I started out with 4 hens; 2 White Delaware’s and 2 Golden Sex link, but after a coyote attack last Oct 12 I ended up with only 2 GSL :-(.
One of the GSL I had to suture up as the coyote tore it up badly and with some vet surgery skills it survived and is back laying eggs almost everyday! ;-)!

I have an old 12’L x 4’W x 6’H all heavy wire aviary that I turned into a chicken coop.
I am planning on making the end about 4 feet long of the 12 long aviary the hen house, but raising the floor 2 feet off the ground so that I don’t lose the 12 foot run.
Any comment or suggestions how I should go about it please let me know. I’m open to all suggestions.
Hope to hear from you guys soon!
Thank you,
Benjamin

Farmer Connie

Gallus gallus domesticus
Feb 28, 2017
Florida Peninsula
My Coop
My Coop
:frow
chicken and egg roll.gif

Kiki