Hello All

V4nishing4ng3l

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2018
Hello... My name is Melanie and Im new to this baby hatching thing... This is my first clutch of eggs that are fertile. My duck actually laid about 30 eggs but after candling them all and selecting the fertile ones and the viable ones, I now have 11 eggs. Mama stopped sitting on the nest at about day 27 and now I have 11 eggs in a tote, with a heating pad and bowls of water for moisture and a thermometer to keep an eye on the temp. I turn the heating pad on and off during the day to keep the temp in the tote at the right temp and humidity level.
I had a friend of mine come over and candle them day before yesterday (day 28ish) and she said they have internally piped and that I should NOT open the tote lid at all from this point on.
I did cracked the lid corner tonight and it doesnt look like there has been any changes from when I closed the lid.
I dont know if I should check them further or am I just getting too anxious and impatient?

Any advice at this point would be helpful

Hi Melanie and welcome to BYC. Sorry, I’m not a hatching expert but hopefully someone will be along soon to give you advice.

Good luck
Pork Pie

I did cracked the lid corner tonight and it doesnt look like there has been any changes from when I closed the lid.
What is your source of ventilation when the lid is closed?

A bowl of water, is a drowning in the making for me... unless it's somehow covered or secured. :confused: Where is your temp and humidity level?

:fl:jumpy:jumpy

Thank you for responding...
Ventilation... I didn't think about that... I was told to just close the lid and dont open it. I was told that if I was to open the lid, the humidity would escape and I'd have bigger issues.. When I peeked in, there is condensation on the walls... I dont know where the humidity level is but Ive been making sure the temp stays at right about 100

I am excited to announce that, as of tonight, I havr 3 baby ducklings that just hatched. One hatched last night and the other 2 today... I had to assist with all 3 and Im really glad I did... They are all 3 doing great.

Back
Top Bottom