Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Quote:
PM sent...
tongue.png

Here's my first attempt at a show trim. Been around lots of game birds and have only done the close trims. Tell me what I could have done differently.

I think it should taper lower towards the beak. Keep in mind, my 8 year old helped me. LOL
6236_003.jpg

In my pretty uneducated opinion, other than the small hump there in the middle, it looks like a pretty good job. I like the height and the back is nicely done as well. Good job
smile.png

There's a hump for sure and a small piece of skin left from the wattles. He was just a cull I used. It did make him look alot better.
smile.png

i have 2 silverlaced oegb if they bred to a black hen what colors would i get? also i have 1 wbt and 1 black jap bantam?....... i have looked and no one ever talks about crossing oegb and japs

i had 3 japs and just got 2 silverlaced oegb and a black oegb at a auction thought they was seabrights at first then i noticed the neck sickle feathers and read that seabright roos are hen feathered

Quote:
The sebright is hen feathered however there a lot of poor quality stock that will develop sickle feathers, are they single combed or rose combed and do they have hackle and saddle feathers too?
Crossing the laced bird over a generic black can be a shot in the dark with most likely result being black offsrping with some silver leakage.
japs have been used on occasion with OE but very seldom and for very focused efforts. they are very different birds and will require years of work to get back to OE after the cross.

Quote:
In most cases, if you are trying to make a certain variety or color of oegb, you will be much better off either purchasing them, or if you want to make them or cant find what you are looking for, you are much better off sticking with OEGB instead of bringing in other breeds...as sjarvis said, it coudl take years to get them back to what an oegb should be.

Back
Top Bottom