Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Quote:
That is possible, but a blue birchen is only different from a lemon blue in the blue birchen has a silver hackle, and the lemon blue has a red hackle. Are blue birchen a recognized color in the danvers? Blue Birchen is also called silver blue.

Quote:
That is possible, but a blue birchen is only different from a lemon blue in the blue birchen has a silver hackle, and the lemon blue has a red hackle. Are blue birchen a recognized color in the danvers? Blue Birchen is also called silver blue.

why can't everything be called the same like OEGB color patterns... the same name as the genes itself...

so, what about blue golden birchen...? and i'm not sure if it would be a recognized color or not... doubt it...

Quote:

why can't everything be called the same like OEGB color patterns... the same name as the genes itself...

so, what about blue golden birchen...? and i'm not sure if it would be a recognized color or not... doubt it...

Golden Birchen is not recognized however it is a simple cross of Birchen over Brown red. This provides one copy of Silver and one copy of Gold for male sex feathers (Hackle saddle, wing bow) and all the pullets are Birchen.
I ran that cross this year to improve some birchens, I am now breeding for another birchen cockrell then will make the same cross again and again until I have Birchen I like. I expect that to be another 4-5 generations.

Quote:
I would have guessed Blue Quial D'anver. It is very doubtfull she is from a D'uccle as the feather legged gene is dominant and would have produced some leg feathering even of one parent was not feather legged.
Gotgame, I believe you are correct on the two other hens.

I am not sure she is all danver, but she doesnt look to be a blue quail d'anver. I am guessing maybe an oegb/danver cross, maybe off a lemon blue cock? Here is a blue quail danver.
http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/95/30/53793095/photos/Washington-Feather-Fa/012.JPG

Oh to heck with it, i am going to call it a bantam Americauna or Bearded serama... They are both such a genetic mess it doesn't matter..

Quote:
I am not sure she is all danver, but she doesnt look to be a blue quail d'anver. I am guessing maybe an oegb/danver cross, maybe off a lemon blue cock? Here is a blue quail danver.
http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/95/30/53793095/photos/Washington-Feather-Fa/012.JPG

Oh to heck with it, i am going to call it a bantam Americauna or Bearded serama... They are both such a genetic mess it doesn't matter..

There we go, sounds good to me
smile.png
>

Please explain to me why OEGB are dubbed? Do they have nerves in their waddles or comb? My daughter has ones she wants to show at fairs, etc.... do they really need to be dubbed? Anyone want to come do it for me if they do??? Seems mean.

They have to be dubbed to be shown after they reach a certain age. The dubbing tradition started with game birds generations ago, and plus it keeps them from being frost bitten and falling off, which is much more painful than dubbing. I have seen birds not squirm a bit when being dubbed and then have seen them freak out.

Quote:
You do not have to dub cockrells (males under 1 yr of age) If you enjoy the bird but do want to dub them just show the hens / pullets as they are not dubbed and you can still maintain and breed a good bird but un-dubbed cocks are DQ'd and un-dubbed cockrells do not place.

I have a little mille fleur oeg rooster that hatched the middle of July. Is he supposed to have so much white on him or is that something that changes as he grows? Also, he looks to be more blue than black on his tail, wing tips and his spots? Could I possibly have a blue mille (
fl.gif
) and is he worth keeping with so much white on him?

19303_mille_fleur_rooster_019.jpg

Back
Top Bottom