Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Is this an OEGB or an AGB? Thanks!

Is this an OEGB or an AGB? Thanks!

Old English Game. The leg color is the key difference (yes there are others but they are minor). Variety is wheaten, but they're on the darker side of that coloration (particularly the female), the males type is pretty nice though I like how it's balanced and doesn't have the huge tail that some have.

good looking pair!!! are you keeping the comb?

Thanks :) We haven't thought about showing so we didn't dub the comb.

Old English Game. The leg color is the key difference (yes there are others but they are minor). Variety is wheaten, but they're on the darker side of that coloration (particularly the female), the males type is pretty nice though I like how it's balanced and doesn't have the huge tail that some have.

We thought he was a BB Red. :confused: There are so many color varieties in this breed. She lays about 3-4 eggs per week, and several eggs are currently under my broody hen :)

Thanks :) We haven't thought about showing so we didn't dub the comb.

We thought he was a BB Red. :confused: There are so many color varieties in this breed. She lays about 3-4 eggs per week, and several eggs are currently under my broody hen :)

Well, guess he could be, the female is wheaten and just assumed they were the same.  The color pattern on the male is identical between wheaten and black breasted red, with the wheaten ideally being a lighter red.  The actual gene is different and obviously the females are drastically different patterns but the males create quite a bit of confusion amongst newer folk.  (This happens in the Asils and Shamos as well.)

Edit: to correct a stupid mistake. Wheaten males are lighter than BBR

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom