Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Pics
Just hatched out 4 new oegb chicks 2 to go
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I figured I would let them get a little age on them first, the blue spangled is just very dark blue with some white in its breast...it has dark legs with light toes??? Not sure on that one, hope they all dont hatch like that, none of my spangles or the blue spangle cock have dark legs....

Quote:
thanks for the offer
smile.png
but I will keep him and see what he turns into....I will be hatching quite a few blue spangles and blue brassys (hopefully) this year and will have some for sale this fall....

I'm looking for some chocolate OEGB and haven't found any in my area so I thought I'd try my luck with shipped eggs again. I have a hen that's gone broody so if I could just get 6 or so, that would be great. I would like to get them from a NPIP tested flock, please. If you have any for sale please let me know price with shipping. Thanks.

Quote:
you can make your own chocolates, just get a fawn duckwing rooster and put him over black hens. You will have a lot of color culls for several generations, but I know 5 breeders of chocolates, and everyone of them are getting a lot of color culls as well...VERY few people that are breeding quality birds sell eggs. You might talk someone into selling some chicks but your best bet is to either make your own, or find a good breeder pair to start with. I had some chocolates but they had some color come in on their final molt that I didnt want so they are not here anymore.
If you dont find any in your area you can always have them shipped in. Check out this website, there are a couple breeders of chocolate old english on there.

http://www.bantychicken.com/cgi-bin/OEGBCA/index.cgi?action=forum

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom