Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

I thought my 2 roos were OEGB's but after reading about the different Bantam breeds I don't know now, I got them as chicks from the feed store( they were all variates of Bantams. I ended up with a nice Japanese pullet & these 2 roos. The redder one is really tiny compared to the other one. Is there a particular thread that I need to go to with my question? They are 14 mos old Here are the pictures The 2rd picture is of a 7/8 mo. old pullet & she is tiny. She was from a friend that got an assortment from Strombergs....

I'm still not sure on the blue genetics. If I cross a blue mille fluer with another blue mille I would get 50% blue mille, 25% regular mille and 25% splash? Is this correct? Then what happens if I cross the regular milles? Would I get any blue milles or would they all be regulars?

I thought my 2 roos were OEGB's but after reading about the different Bantam breeds I don't know now, I got them as chicks from the feed store( they were all variates of Bantams. I ended up with a nice Japanese pullet & these 2 roos. The redder one is really tiny compared to the other one. Is there a particular thread that I need to go to with my question? They are 14 mos old Here are the pictures The 2rd picture is of a 7/8 mo. old pullet & she is tiny. She was from a friend that got an assortment from Strombergs....

The second pic looks like a Silver Duckwing OEGB to me

I'm still not sure on the blue genetics. If I cross a blue mille fluer with another blue mille I would get 50% blue mille, 25% regular mille and 25% splash? Is this correct? Then what happens if I cross the regular milles? Would I get any blue milles or would they all be regulars?
here is the chicken calculator, use it.. its fun

Jockeyeba,
First cockrell is Ginger Red OE, second Cockrell is Buff Laced the pullet is a silver Duckwing all OE the two cockrells are common quality for hatchery stock.

BantiesRule
Blue genetics are pretty straight forward Blue x Blue should yeild 25% splash, 25% black and 50% Blue regardless of blue variety. Blue over Black will be 50% blue and 50% black once agaiun regardless of variety. The varieties that have been turned Blues such as your Blue miliefluer fall into this catagory Blue Millie x Blue Millie will yeild 25% splash Millie (Gold Neck) 25% regular Millie and 50% Blue Millie.

Jockeyeba,
First cockrell is Ginger Red OE, second Cockrell is Buff Laced the pullet is a silver Duckwing all OE the two cockrells are common quality for hatchery stock.

BantiesRule
Blue genetics are pretty straight forward Blue x Blue should yeild 25% splash, 25% black and 50% Blue regardless of blue variety. Blue over Black will be 50% blue and 50% black once agaiun regardless of variety. The varieties that have been turned Blues such as your Blue miliefluer fall into this catagory Blue Millie x Blue Millie will yeild 25% splash Millie (Gold Neck) 25% regular Millie and 50% Blue Millie.
I'm so confused over all of these posts on genetics that I don't understand. I accidentally ended up with a little Banty Roo crossed with my Black Tailed Buff Hen and my "Black Breasted Brassy Back"? Or so I think? Here is a pic of my little "Nugget". He has green legs but both parents (pic in my avatar) have blue legs. He's looking nothing like Ma or Pop. So what gives? Any ideas as to what I'm ending up with??? I can't believe at only 4 weeks old how big his comb and waddles are already and bright dark pink too!

That's his Mom (Goldie) in the background. It's hard to tell from this photo but the top of his head and his back is a dark gold color. Then he has the Gold and the dark grey in wing feathers and more dark grey in his tail. Any ideas? I realize he is a mixed breed, but I thought maybe someone could tell me how he ended up with (green legs)? Would that be somewhere in his Pop's genetics? Any answers or even guesses are appreciated.

Thanks, Kimberly

Jockeyeba,

BantiesRule
I guess what I was really trying to understand was if there is any chance of the regular mille from these crossings throwing any blues or are they just going to throw straight milles?

Jockeyeba,

BantiesRule
I could be wrong here, but it looks to me like that first rooster is getting some white in his rather large (in my opinion) earlobes. Any chance that he could be a Dutch instead of an Old English?

WallabyOfChaos, the little red one does have some white on his lobes but not a solid white look like the Dutch's look like their supposed to have from what I've read. Are Dutch's a smaller breed then OE's because he is tiny compared to the lighter one.
Thanks Cjarvis I thought the pullet was a silver duckwing OE for sure.

WallabyOfChaos, the little red one does have some white on his lobes but not a solid white look like the Dutch's look like their supposed to have from what I've read. Are Dutch's a smaller breed then OE's because he is tiny compared to the lighter one.
Thanks Cjarvis I thought the pullet was a silver duckwing OE for sure.

The Dutch are just a hair smaller than the OEGB at 21oz for roosters. I guess I spoke too soon, I checked my poultry book and his comb isn't right for a Dutch. Either way, he's still pretty.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom