Hello been offline for over 3 years..

Welcome your breeding line sounds interesting! Got any pics?
I asked my friend to shoot me some pics so I'll attach more soon. Here are a few I have saved from texts sent this spring, all the cockerels in these pics were culled but it gives you an idea. The first pic are all hens on the left and blue hen center, the cockerel shaking his head has been culled.

The picture of the cockerel sitting on the post was from fall 2014. He was half australorp (hen) and half dominique (rooster) with only 1 barred gene. In 2015 he was the sire crossed over black ameraucana hens purchased from Paul Smith. The 2015 offspring were then gifted to my friend 1 cockerel and about 6-10 pullets. My friend used a 2015 black cockerel with a small rosecomb over pullets with mainly muffs and beards some clean faced pullets made it into the flock as well. At this point all pullets and cockerel had either rosecombs or peacombs. Some of these hens are still in his flock they will be 4 years old in the spring. I'll find more pictures soon from 2015 and I'll post more pics of my friends current flock and sire.

Attachments

• hdehd.jpg
    hdehd.jpg
    637.7 KB · Views: 10
  • jdhdhd.jpg
    jdhdhd.jpg
    911.8 KB · Views: 10
  • hdhdhd.jpg
    hdhdhd.jpg
    889.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9321.jpg
    IMG_9321.jpg
    601.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
wave high happy.gif welcome back.jpg
Hello again BYC.

I took a break from BYC midyear 2015, stopped breeding chickens in fall of 2016. Kept a few random chickens at my parents house. A friend kept a line I started going. It consisted of Australorp/Dominique/Ameraucana crosses (**details below). Now that I'm moving out of apartments back to a home in the country, I decided to start back raising chickens. I'll raise my old line and start a LF dominique flock, and some random bantams for a small mixed flock. I'm glad to be back, maybe you'll start seeing me online more often :)

**Australorp/Dominique/Ameraucana crosses are breeding true to color Blue/Black/Splash very little leakage in the hackles so far. Current hens are all blue and black with rose and pea combs. The current rooster is a single comb blue australorp (80-90%) with some american orpington blood (10-15%) in his line maybe even some jersey giant (X%), I'd have to ask the original owner to verify genes. This same australorp line was used in the original cross. Therefore this years hatch had a few single comb females that my friend kept for his line, but it also produced a few good rosecomb males (he saved one for me). I'll be hatching about 40 more of these eggs in the spring when I start back raising chickens. I'll save the best hens and cross them back to the rosecomb male from this years hatch. I'll be breeding for mainly rosecombs but I'm fine with some peacombs in the gene pool, large bodies, slate legs, beards and muffs are a plus, and good layers that are friendly and go broody. All these chickens have great docile personalities so far, the current autralorp rooster will let you walk up to him and pick him up no problem. The eggs range from blue, green, cream, brown, to pink. So large dual purpose birds with ameraucana faces and rosecombs is the main goal.
welcome wagon.gif

Found a few more of Ron, as you can tell some of these are after he grew up and filled out a bit more.

Attachments

• IMG_9312.jpg
    IMG_9312.jpg
    714.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9323.JPG
    IMG_9323.JPG
    723.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9325.JPG
    IMG_9325.JPG
    502.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9311.jpg
    IMG_9311.jpg
    739.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9301.jpg
    IMG_9301.jpg
    436.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9304.jpg
    IMG_9304.jpg
    769.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Choose advanced search under 'more',
then on that page scroll down and click 'relevance'.
It'll help...but still might have to do a lot of browsing.

Thanks for the advice. When did the search engine change? I liked the old way lol seemed to find specific threads far easier and kept traffic on those threads up.

Back
Top Bottom